Discuss Recommendations for a cheap and cheerful circular saw? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
That will just be used to lift floorboards but probably not more than two or three sessions a month and if it lasts a couple of years I'll be happy. But I'd prefer to have hands left at the end of the experience. Never owned one before. Been making do with recipro saw and multi-tool but takes too long and too clumsy.

Don't have to fanny with the guard on mine. Just preset the depth and aim for penetration.

Never ever put your fingers near a blade.
As said above if it kicks (which they do)
You will lose digits

Well got multi tool today.
Was waiting when i got in from work.
Its excellent but after a bit play. It has its uses and is excellent. But would take an age for doing boards I think.
The odd board for a smaller job fine but thats its limit id say for time it takes

Erbauer ERB402CSW 185mm Circular Saw 230-240V | 240V Circular Saws | NoLinkingToThis

I've got this one and it is not too bad. It also comes in a great carry bag.

Tried it out today. It certainly does go through everything. Thing that worries me is I went from extemely cautious to not giving a hoot too quickly. Need to keep a big dose of respect about that tool.

Tried it out today. It certainly does go through everything. Thing that worries me is I went from extemely cautious to not giving a hoot too quickly. Need to keep a big dose of respect about that tool.
Told you it was a beast.
On another note I just bought the rage recip saw from screwfix yesterday. Thats awesome as well as is the mitre saw I also have which uses same blade as the circ.

Just got a 18v milwaukee saw, much more sensible to use than my old 240v desalt. Circular saws are a bit of an animal anyway, but the battery versions feel a lot safer to use and control.

Including pipework when you set the deepth to deep

Many years ago I cut down a hot pipe about 4-5 ft that was ran in the middle of the board then suddenly moved to under the joint. Obviously it was the apprentices fault for changing the depth and it wasn't my fault at all for just picking it up a cutting away. Luckily the hot finished draining about 5 minutes before.

Years ago I had a circular saw and I removed all of the safety guards. It was basically a lethal weapon but it cut nice and close to the skirtings! Dad found it in the van one day and threw it in the bin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommendations for a cheap and cheerful circular saw? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock