Search the forum,

Discuss Recess shower door & tray query in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I have bought a replacement 1200 shower door & 1200 x 900 tray, ready for a refurb starting soon.

The current door & tray is in a recess, which measures 1200 x 900, but these measurements include the current tiles, which will be replaced. I now see that the new door has a tolerance of 1150-1190 & am concerned it won't be wide enough. I am also concerned the shower tray won't be either, for the tiles to sit on top. I naively thought a 1200 door would be at least 1200 wide, with reduced width tolerances for wonky walls.

I am wondering if it would be easier to look for a door with a minimum 1200 width, rather than packing out walls or sourcing extension profiles, but then what about the tray?

Any input appreciated.

Reply to Recess shower door & tray query in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock