Discuss Really? Whats the point? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteveSussex

Anyone else had the gas inspector come round to see if they can actually do a tightness test? What is the point? You spend thousands of pounds getting through the exams, creating a portfolio, getting registered, spending thousands on taking digferent modules and paying for registration and then you have to prove to the gas inspector that you can actually do stuff. The stuff you`ve just spent months learning and demonstrating in college. It really is utterly pointless.

They dont just check you for that pal , they are weighing you up in all aspects of the job. They suss you out in 5 mins .

not for the people who are doing short courses

week one there a office worker
week siz there a gas installer

also they get to see how you work and get a good ideal if you a decent engy or a bad one

not for the people who are doing short courses

week one there a office worker
week siz there a gas installer

also they get to see how you work and get a good ideal if you a decent engy or a bad one

they only get to see you work if youve actually done any. I havent.

And thats only if you want to show them stuff youve done. Either youve passed your exams and built a portfolio and jumped through all the required hoops or you havent. And if you dont suck up to them and "persuade them" that you are half competent, they cancel your registration.

They dont just check you for that pal , they are weighing you up in all aspects of the job. They suss you out in 5 mins .

Ive got pretty much no idea but Im still registered. I can still go out and do all sorts. Doesnt mean I know what im doing. And if I can, then so can anyone else.

Steve , I cant see a problem , they come out to meet you , suss you out , start a relationship , after all they are going to be your inspector . We all have to do it . I bet your inspector loves your attitude.

What is a tightness test for....... To test your work or to test an installation, it is the basic thing you need to know to make sure what you are doing is safe.

I say that because they know you can pass the exam, but what they dont know is if you can do the basics outside a classroom, things are never the same when you leave the exam.

What is a tightness test for... To test your work or to test an installation, it is the basic thing you need to know to make sure what you are doing is safe.

I say that because they know you can pass the exam, but what they dont know is if you can do the basics outside a classroom, things are never the same when you leave the exam.

Dont think anyone was asking what a tightness test is for. I was taking exception at having to suck up to an inspector and questioning the point of it. Ive already proved I can do what I need to. And paid thousands of pounds for the privelege.

Steve , I cant see a problem , they come out to meet you , suss you out , start a relationship , after all they are going to be your inspector . We all have to do it . I bet your inspector loves your attitude.

Going to be my inspector? You mean I have to form a relationship with this person? Ive got no interest in his views. Ive proved myself already, regardless of what he thinks. Thats how I got registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Really? Whats the point? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock