Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn nouvelle gas, remove one side? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

L

Luke Do

Hi,

I'm hoping someone has some experience with this:

I'm trying to arrange for my gas Rayburn to have its heating and hot water side isolated, whilst still being able to use the oven.

My plumber has concerns over whether or not this is possible, I.E. he can remove the flow and return, but is the rayburn then in a safe state?

Has anyone done anything like this before? I've heard it compared to removing a back boiler but keeping the fire, not sure it's that simple though.

Thanks for reading

Luke

Hi Luke, we had this done with our gas Rayburn by a qualified engineer. General heating engineers mentioned risks of explosion which werent true. The risk is with the inner plate which could crack with the additional heat which otherwise would have been dissipated. If it cracks it could allow carbon monoxide to leak. To prevent this when the water connections are isolated the resulting holes left in the Rayburn must not be capped or blocked and must be left open to ensure heat can be lost to prevent excessive heat build up which could cause a crack

Reply to Rayburn nouvelle gas, remove one side? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock