Currently reading:
Rayburn 355M no hot water after powercut - Help!

Discuss Rayburn 355M no hot water after powercut - Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fedge58

Hi!

two days ago we had a power cut for about 24 hours, unfortunately my son used hot water during this time so that there was no hot water left in the tank. our water (for taps and central heating) is heated by solid fuel rayburn 355m. the water in the radiators is hot, but there is a lot of air in the central heating system which we have been releasing with the radiator key. however the water that is coming out of the hot tap is still cold than cold and does not seem to be heating up at all.

the hot water system seems to be gravity fed whereas the central heating has a pump.

would be great if someone could shed some light.

many thanks,

mandy :)

1. Cylinders not empty, the tank feeding it is. The heat shouldn't damage the cylinder as long as it's a correctly installed system. You can always kepp the radiators going.
2. Your taps may be airlocked, but cross that bridge when you get to it.

Sorry, isn't the cylinder fed straight from a mains cold feed? If the bath is now full and the cylinder hasn't been refilled, how does that work?
What should I look forward to on the airlock front?

Thanks Simon!

Sorry, isn't the cylinder fed straight from a mains cold feed? If the bath is now full and the cylinder hasn't been refilled, how does that work?
What should I look forward to on the airlock front?

Thanks Simon!

Hope not as it would be an unvented cylinder or a thermal store. Water from cylinder is in the bath, water from tank in loft is in the cylinder. Once the loft tank is empty it stops driving water through the cylinder.

I wouldn't worry about an airlock until you get one.

Cool, so just calm the Rayburn down as much as possible and wait for the water to come back over night and with any luck it will peacefully fill the loft tank up..
Let's see how tomorrow looks.
Thanks again!

Cool, so just calm the Rayburn down as much as possible and wait for the water to come back over night and with any luck it will peacefully fill the loft tank up..
Let's see how tomorrow looks.
Thanks again!

Water back on at noon today and all seems ok. Thanks for the reassurance Simon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn 355M no hot water after powercut - Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock