Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator without Lockshield Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

technomorph

Hi,

I am replacing the radiators in my house, and unfortunately the manual rad valves I've picked don't come with a lockshield cap so the balance could be altered accidentally, or by children. I spoke with my local plumbing supplier who informs me that people either install them that way or round the shaft off upon which the cap sits. This seems a bit suspect to me, so just wondering if this is the norm?

Thanks

Name and shame your supplier, can you not return the valves and buy elsewhere or even off amazon etc,

I agree, - sounds most odd. There should be proper lock shield valves (which can be identical to the wheel head except the plastic head has no flat bit inside to link on to brass spindle).
I suggest if you do just stick with the valves you have, then have the plastic heads drilled slightly inside so they slip on the spindle if turned

Seems like you have the permanent manual balancing valve model BS 223232234,to get round anyone unauthorized touching them and messing up the system balancing ,you should nip down the local diy store and paint the heads with some of this
th.jpg

To prevent anyone,touching unintentionally,you must then place this sign next to each valve

fff.jpg

Or just drill out the inner stem being easiest way out,the supplier has given you valves with wrong heads,which he will probably admit when pushed but he will probably then say you should of changed them before they were fitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator without Lockshield Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock