Discuss Radiator Mystery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jacobean

There is a radiator leaking where you turn it on / off. Small trickle of water which one Kleenex would easily
absorb.

However, about 15cm away from this there is a giant damp patch on the carpet of around 30cm in diameter.

I am assuming the two problems are connected but cannot explain why there is 15cms of complete dryness between the leaking radiator and the damp patch on carpet.

Any advice or insight would be great!

welcome to the forums. the leak could be running along the pipe until it comes up against an obstruction then drips down

welcome to the forums. the leak could be running along the pipe until it comes up against an obstruction then drips down

Thanks for your reply.

This leak seems to be "coming up" from the the carpet.

If it's the thermostatic head it maybe running along the head then dropping off although I've never came across this, the valve may be passing past the pin, ,
what valve is it the thermostatic one with numbers on it or the opposite side ?
welcome to the forum Jacobean,

have a look at the bottom of the pipe, is there a trail of watermarks or staining along it from the leaking valve? If so, the leak is tracking along the pipe and dripping off.
If not, its time to lift the carpet and do a bit more investigating...

Wrap some bog roll directly on the pipe, directly above the carpet stain, leave overnight then take the sodden mess off the pipe. Problems there. Water's running along the pipe from the valve.
There's nowt worse than a wetdrip.

Last edited:
I can't see it coming from underneath the floor as water only runs down unless it's under pressure and I think you would no about it if it was

Firstly I would fix the leaky rad valve. Then I would lift the carpet. It's easier to look than wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator Mystery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock