Discuss Qualified Gas Engineers needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Helen BG

Hi everyone, I work for the recruitment team at British Gas, and would like to hear from anyone who would consider working as a permanent domestic Gas Engineer. We are recruiting in various areas of the country, but especially have urgent requirements in the following areas:
Grimsby
Leamington
Stratford
Warwick
Birmingham
Solihull
Gloucester
Worcester
Kidderminster
Northampton
Coventry

We offer fantastic job security, benefits and career progression, and are looking for people who hold full ACS as well as City & Guilds / NVQ or equivalent. I am happy to speak to anyone who is genuinely interested! Please reply or send a private message.
Many thanks
Helen

gaspastemania thats why its called house bashing and not heating installations. I did some inspection work for a company called gas care from south wales. i was looking at the work they had done in old swan liverpool and i was ashamed to be part of the same company and left.

bashing being the choice word with eaga , worst firm i have ever contracted to by an absolute mile but then have never worked for BG .

Had a mate work at Eaga and he hated it, he was on the books though and not contracting. On the point of people slagging off BG on here, I thinks its unfair to those who may have been interested in her offer. She's not going to reply on here now and now some poor sod might have lost out on an opportunity of work. I lost my job in September and know how hard it can be to fin work. Despite what people may think of BG its selfish to have used this post to vent their frustration towards them here and stop somebody finding work. Out of order if you ask me as at the end of the day work is work no matter who its for

villa tom i know what your saying but id of thought anyone wanting the work will just contact bg not talk to a rep on here, who may or may not even be from bg!! its not like bg are hard to talk to there is many different ways to contact them. Id not of thought such a big company would need to advertise on here tho? i could be wrong but i think that bg prob still get loads of ppl wanting to work there. I cant comment on being on there books as a full timer, only as a sub contractor and it was awfull. Esp in parts of wales wer you often come across thick stone walls to get through, funny enough tho it always seemed to be given to subs rather than there own guys.

Hi,

Thanks to the people who have expressed interest through this thread. BG recruit in lots of different ways, but our requirements change all the time in terms of who we need and where our vacancies are, so I am just trying something different and hopefully reaching a new audience through this forum. I appreciate that not everyone's view of any big company is positive, but as I have said previously, I cannot comment on these opinions as I don't know the background. If these issues have been brought to our attention by the customers involved, I would hope they have been dealt with on an individual basis. We do have thousands of fantastic staff who put in a lot of work to give customers a great service, and I just want to find more of those type of people!

Thank you Helen for bringing BG recruitment requirements to the attention of our members and forum visitors,am sure many may well be interested in the opportunities available

I see some have gone off topic and raised other alleged issues and that Helen has responded to the best of her ability and we thank her for that

However please keep thread on topic as it is unfair to others interested in the openings available and disrespectful to Helen who is just keeping all informed of opportunities available

If any members wish to continue off topic discussion,please open a separate thread ,please note any more off topic posts will be removed

Any problems please pm

Last edited by a moderator:
only work for bg if you have the money to wait to get paid i did some work in late november early december and the first payment came this week

Hi,

Thanks to the people who have expressed interest through this thread. BG recruit in lots of different ways, but our requirements change all the time in terms of who we need and where our vacancies are, so I am just trying something different and hopefully reaching a new audience through this forum. I appreciate that not everyone's view of any big company is positive, but as I have said previously, I cannot comment on these opinions as I don't know the background. If these issues have been brought to our attention by the customers involved, I would hope they have been dealt with on an individual basis. We do have thousands of fantastic staff who put in a lot of work to give customers a great service, and I just want to find more of those type of people!

Hi Helen

Do you work for BG. Is it just BG you recruit for.
I am looking for a job but having worked for BG for many years as an engineer i wouldnt be looking at returning.
Regards

Hi, Yes I'm employed by British Gas as part of their recruitment team, based in one of the Energy Academies. Please let me know if you change your mind and would consider working for us again, but if not, good luck in your search for work.

Hi, Yes I'm employed by British Gas as part of their recruitment team, based in one of the Energy Academies. Please let me know if you change your mind and would consider working for us again, but if not, good luck in your search for work.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the continuing interest. It's nice to chat to you all! I hope I've responded to everyone who had a recruitment query, but please keep the private messages coming if you are looking for work. Sorry if I have missed anyone.
Some new locations we have roles available are:
Ipswich
Norwich
Peterborough.
We are keen to hear from anyone who has full domestic ACS and NVQ Level 2 or 3 Domestic Gas Maintenance, as well as some good experience.
Thanks, Helen

Helen,

Ive got full domestic ACS,and LPG but no NVQ's at all, Im a 3rd generation family heating engineer and I have got over 19 years experience of working for myself doing combi boiler install, service and repair,

Would BG be interested in me?

Just thinking out aloud (so to speak) at the mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Qualified Gas Engineers needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back