Discuss Pump very hot & no CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Looking for some advice to see if there's a simple (or at least temporary) solution here.

I have a gravity fed system with two loft tanks and a Potterton 40e boiler. The pump (Grundfos) is red hot when running. There is hot water (though seems not as hot as it used to) but no heat to any radiator.

The pump is spinning with both pipes either side heating up. The flow pipe to the nearest radiator from the pump gets hot, but not the return or any other rad pipe. The noise when running made it clear there was lots of air in the system and bleeding the rads and pump has killed the noise, but not the issue. There's plenty of water in the loft tank.

I've tried different combinations of rads on/off and switching the three way valve to manual.

Two observations that might help. There is a build up of white scale / crust on the valve above the pump. Also, I opened the lower drain point to check for air and after the first 2-3 seconds the water only drips out, barely a trickle.

Any help from the experts is much appreciated :)

Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump very hot & no CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back