Discuss pts....prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i asked for a price on a set of chrome rad valves, he said £22 seriously i said, as i seen the same set in screwfix for £14.99...he said hold on a minute i'll see what i can do.....he came back and said he can sell them for £18.....i said it is still worth my while to travel 3 mile and get them from screwfix.....hold on he said.......you can have them for £12...and thats cutting my own throat....ok i said ,i'll take them.from now on i always refer to screwfix and other merchants prices and ask for terms,if merchants think they can get away with it they'll try it on.crosslings 4 blank ends15mm compression £13.50..it's not on ...

Love your bargaining skills desrob but if it is really still worth traveling 3 miles for £3.01.I think you should put your prices up !! :cool4:

You are right though,merchants now are taking the micky if you do not have an account with them and if you do,you still have to be careful if you use a different branch

had this issue all the time i dealt with pts bridgend were great port talbot you had to watch,and deal with the right person

had this issue all the time i dealt with pts bridgend were great port talbot you had to watch,and deal with the right person

Port talbot their sneaky little buggers, colin laver's boys are always in there so no doubt they've got good deals going on for them, 8 quid the other day for a flush handle. Seriously! haha, do get on with the scottish guy in there though partly because im scottish.

New manager in cwmdu city plumbing as well said he'll deliver whatever we need and he'll beat the prices in plumb center, cant go wrong

wasnt PTS taken over by Travis Perkins recently? if so that will explain the prices

PTS, Plumb Base, Plumb Centre, I don't know how they stay in business. Well I go there because my nearest screwfix or toolstation is more than 10 miles away and via traffic heavy routes - so I use them when I'm caught on the hop. Today in Plumb Centre I paid £16.79 for a fluidmaster dual-flush. Well, the customer paid for it. Well, £20. And the rest. But I just looked on BES (usually cheaper than scr*fix for this part) and they've just reduced them - £9.29 inc VAT.
Bargainousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pts....prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock