Discuss Problem With Boiler Replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I have a thermal store central heating system which has 2 pumps, one for hot water and one for central heating. My boiler has been replaced and I know they had trouble with the wiring. They told me that one of the pumps wasn't calling for heat but now all is ok. However, I have found that both the hot water and central heating are using just one of the pumps. I called them and they told me that it seems that modern boilers don't work with 2 pump systems, and the solution is to remove one of the pumps and fit a valve that diverts the flow of water depending on what's calling for heat (presumably a Y plan 3 port valve that allows both to call for heat?).

This doesn't sound right to me. Surely there are boilers that would work with my system? Are they pulling a fast one? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
you say the old store has been replaced like for like where are the pics of the new one

New store
20190111_180111.jpg
20190111_180134.jpg

Reply to Problem With Boiler Replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock