Discuss Powerflushers! Anyone using the Adey Magnacleanse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JayDee

Hi

Is anyone using the Adey Magnacleanse? What do you think about it?

(I know this has probably been done to death!)

It states on the web site that it does not need to be used in conjunction with a stand alone power flusher. I assume it is only suitable for cleansing sludged systems, whereas a powerflusher will cleanse new systems of install debris and chemicals, descale heat exchangers and cleanse sludged up systems.

Is anyone using this either stand alone or combined with a powerflusher?

Also, is anyone using the Norstrom with magnet, or the Kamco CF with their magnet.

Any info would be appreciated.

Yeah ive used the magnacleanse a number of times. IMO if they claim it can be used INSTEAD of a power flusher then thats good enough for me, i flushed out a 25 year old system a couple of months ago. the water was black as anyhting when i started, by the end of it the filters were full of crud and the water was crystal clear (well near as damn it). drained the rest of the water and refilled. job done.

ive used power flushers before and the magnacleanse is so much cleaner and easier to use.

I use one with a powerflush machine and an aggitator on my drill. That does the trick!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

As above, a great piece of kit. I use with my Kamco CF90.

However, I wish I had bought the Kamco filter as you can add a heater to quicken the cleaning process.

Thanks everybody for your comments. Appreciated :)

I think I'll get one this month.

I think I'll try it on its own (Without a powerflusher) and just utilise the system's pump to flush around. Looking at the technical spec, it seems to me that this would be most effective as you can use it with the boiler providing a good amount of heat to activate the cleaning chemicals.

That 'Agitator" tool for on your drill is dear ! 40 odd quid list price! Bet I could make one with the bits in my garage!
Haven't seen one in the 'rubber', but seems OTT for a peice of rubber on a drill attachment.

We'll see.

I'll do a write up when I've done half a dozen jobs with it.

Thanks again

I've used one for a few years, top quality bit of kit....well recomended.

Bob

The agitator is very good and I have yet to scratch a radiator.

Customer sees more value as well rather than belting the radiator with a rubber mallet.

How do you connect them both together iv got the adey Magna cleanse and iv just ordered the kamco cf90.
Do I need to make up some fitting or do they just fit together. Regards pete.

Thanks everybody for your comments. Appreciated :)

I think I'll get one this month.

I think I'll try it on its own (Without a powerflusher) and just utilise the system's pump to flush around. Looking at the technical spec, it seems to me that this would be most effective as you can use it with the boiler providing a good amount of heat to activate the cleaning chemicals.

That 'Agitator" tool for on your drill is dear ! 40 odd quid list price! Bet I could make one with the bits in my garage!
Haven't seen one in the 'rubber', but seems OTT for a peice of rubber on a drill attachment.

We'll see.

I'll do a write up when I've done half a dozen jobs with it.

Thanks again

Speak to mag rep he will give u rubber vibrator.

I can't see how they would be better if they are only circulating using the heating circulator? Haven't used one myself but often powerflush

Wouldn't say they are better just different. Powerflushing uses high flow to remove muck.
Mag u half fill rads and vibrate to loosen cake, chemicals and flow dissolve and mag picks it up.
Best solution in my mind is reverse flow pf with vibration to loosen cake in rads. I like to leave x800 in for a week before if possible! Cake is smooth on its top in rad due to flow stream ( but like how an oxbow lake forms ) powerflushing doesn't always remove cake if it's really baked in so if you haven't got a mag vibrator give rads a good twang with rubber mallet!

You can get nice white non marking rubber mallets, much better on your ears than the vibraclean, though not as effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Powerflushers! Anyone using the Adey Magnacleanse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back