Discuss Power-flushing micro-bore? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mitchellplumber

Had a voicemail this morning. Guy looking for a power-flush price. Called him back and in that time He had spoke to another plumber who had convinced him micro-bore can not be power-flushed. Other plumber told him it will all need stripped out and re-piped. I tried for about 10 seconds (with the guy talking over me) that it could be done then I decided enough "ok, sir. No problem, your other plumber know's best. Have a good day." Has anyone else heard micro-bore can not be power-flushed? I've power-flushed a lot of micro bore system's in my time and they do take a bit longer, but the all come good. Worst case I had, I went under-floor cut out manifolds and fitted new one's. Maybe I need lessons in "sales patter"?

Well it has worked, cause that company will now be re-piping the system.
I have power flushed many 8 and 10mm systems, your right it takes longer but it does clear up.
They were just trying there luck with the lies and its worked, as they will now get the job to re-pipe.

Pointless arguing with a custard who thinks they know better. Best give them a wide berth and move on! If you've had success then your experience knows otherwise yeh!

There was a thread on here the other day raving about powder-flushing! Yep powder!!! According to its sales spiel it's the mutts nuts regards microbore and the rest :) Claims to be more effective than traditional power flushing ... Interesting what inventors come up with these days :)

Yeah it's the power-flush association that have come up with the idea. They own the patent and you will have to gain a licence through them to use the equipment and the material to carry a powder-flush out. I'm a member but have not yet had information or prices on the "licence" and also the material.
As I can make out, it is a powder that will cut through sludge and will scrape the hardened sludge that's stuck to pipe wall. The powder then disolves and gets flushed out the system. I am a skeptic at the moment.

Well it has worked, cause that company will now be re-piping the system.
I have power flushed many 8 and 10mm systems, your right it takes longer but it does clear up.
They were just trying there luck with the lies and its worked, as they will now get the job to re-pipe.

Not sure its lies just to make it a bigger job

My firm went through a period of not powerflushing microbore as we had a run of systems that were so clogged up that the powerflush dislodged crud in one area just to push it down another drop and block that one up

Maybe that plumber has had problems in the past and doesnt want the hassle of being blamed if it doesnt work.

He's not lying, he's fixing the problem once and for all IMHO

Not sure its lies just to make it a bigger job

My firm went through a period of not powerflushing microbore as we had a run of systems that were so clogged up that the powerflush dislodged crud in one area just to push it down another drop and block that one up

Maybe that plumber has had problems in the past and doesnt want the hassle of being blamed if it doesnt work.

He's not lying, he's fixing the problem once and for all IMHO
power-flushing it properly and then fitting a Magnetic filter, will fix the problem once and for all... And it's a lot cheaper, less work and less intrusive and disruptive to the customers property. IMHO

It is lies though, Microbore systems can be power flushed. You can expalin what may or may not happen but you cannot say they cannot be flushed.

Now that is true as i powerflushed a microbore system this week with no probs

I just think saying the other bloke is lying is a bit strong.

Re-piping is the best soloution in an ideal world

Yes your true the system would be better piped in 22mm and 15mm. But the guy is a liar and lied to the customer, wether that is what he believes to be true or trying to get a bigger job, it is lies.

Personally I think Micro bore is a nightmare heating system. It should of been piped 15mm to all rads from the start. Problem is, it hasn't and to re-pipe the whole system is a bit extreme unless you are renovating the house. If not then a power-flush is going to be the best option, and fitting a magnetic filter after the power-flush will make it last. IMHO the plumber either doesn't know how to power-flush properly OR he is lying. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power-flushing micro-bore? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock