Search the forum,

Discuss Position of air vents in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
Right I have quite a few questions about the current setup as shown in attached piccy.

Manual air vent B in picture is on return leg, Auto vent A is on flow leg, but only on heating flow.
My intention is to get rid of the pipework C to C which as you can see for some obscure reason
goes too far down then has to come up to meet the AB inlet of the valve. It will be replaced with
a straight piece of pipe.
Now for the questions.
Should I change B to an autovent, which I already have?
Does A need moving so it is on the flow pipework for the whole setup, ie the intended straight piece
between point C?
A seems in a strange place to me, I would not thought much air ever turns left at the T piece after section D
I read or saw somewhere it is suggested isolation valves are placed on the pipework leading to the autovents
for later possible maintence. As I prefer the Honeywell ones, ie A, that have the ON/OFF body I assume
an isolating valve not needed.
And finally the gate valve E I intend to remove as it is a 22mm valve on 28mm pipework. I am assuming it is
there to throttle the flow through the DHW coil as it is on that return leg.

Sorry for such a long winding post.

Attachments

• PB072882.JPG
    PB072882.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 20
No I’m a fan of manual air vents as less to go wrong

Highest point but I always put an upstand with a manual on the cylinder helps airing

They still leak as I have the on off on the flamco ones you still have to snatch them :D

Reply to Position of air vents in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock