Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing - quality of joints in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Shapingstuff

I've had a heat pump installed and there has been two leaks on copper solder joints internally. And there are several threaded joints around the tank that also water showing. I've been fairly patient despite resultant damage. I've been told this is quite normal when the pipes heat up (not about 50 in this case)? How normal is it for a professional company to have this many problems with basic plumbing? Should I be concerned? Is this incompetence?

tbh we all get leaks but it’s how you handle them I would say your not happy

Any pictures of said work ?

Any Plumber can have a bad joint for all sorts of reasons. Through testing thoroughly, they should present themselves, be repaired and hopefully never come to the attention of the customer.
Did they seem to be in a rush?

Bad joints are like bad food in a restaurant, we all get it but a decent chef tastes their food and leaves it in the kitchen bin and remakes it so customer doesn’t even know about it (just has to wait a bit longer). And a decent plumber picks it up and as above.

Bad joints are like bad food in a restaurant, we all get it but a decent chef tastes their food and leaves it in the kitchen bin and remakes it so customer doesn’t even know about it (just has to wait a bit longer). And a decent plumber picks it up and as above.
That's a crackingly good analogy if ever I heard one.

Reply to Plumbing - quality of joints in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock