Discuss PLEASE HELP ! brand new concealed cistern continually fillg and running into pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gnome

i fitted my new back to wall toilet and concealed cistern yesterday. as soon as i turned the water on the water was running into pan and the cistern continually filling .
i googled this problem and a few comments said adjust the water pressure coming into the cistern which i did via partially closing the isolating valve. this worked for three flushes and now its continually running again .
if i put my hand in the cistern and press my finger on the flush valve closer it shuts the water off and the cistern does its filling cycle fine .
so what is causing the valve to not fully close and let the water run non stop

water level is set too high so the inlet valve keeps putting water into the cistern resulting in overflow into the pan.

either adjust the inlet valve to lower water level or raise height of overflow pipe (model depending)

water level is set too high so the inlet valve keeps putting water into the cistern resulting in overflow into the pan.

either adjust the inlet valve to lower water level or raise height of overflow pipe (model depending)
but even when i have flushed the toilet and the cistern has emptied the water is still flowing into the pan on the START of the next cistern refill so how can the water level be too high as there is only a couple of inches in there when its refilling

What make of cistern is it ? If it is a spurious internet thing ,,,,sling it and start again.

Depending on the brand of the cistern, the flush valve may be out of its guides, or something else is stopping the flush valve washer seating properly

Can you post a picture? Or a link to the manufacturer. Try removing the flush valve, they normally twist anticlockwise to take out. There nay be some dirt on the washer or the seat that the washer sits on.

but even when i have flushed the toilet and the cistern has emptied the water is still flowing into the pan on the START of the next cistern refill so how can the water level be too high as there is only a couple of inches in there when its refilling
If thats the case then follow oz plumbers advice. It can only be the valve isnt engaged properly with its cage or the valve seating washer is twisted [emoji837]

Flush valves are only sealed with rubber seals and the same as ballcock / inlet valves wear after time, and because everythings plastic they dont have a great shelf life, you should be able to spin the flush valve 90 degrees and pull whole top part off, you dont have to shut water off either , when you pull valve out youl find that the base has started to wrinkle preventing a seal, prob is knowing which washer to order, if stuck pull washer off and measure unless you know make of inards,,, good luck, washer is like this,

[DLMURL]http://toiletspares.co.uk/prod_desc_ts010.html?sno=298[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as it was only fitted yesterday perhaps there is an assembly fault or the box has been dropped in transit.

sorry i never noticed the brand new dooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Can you post a picture? Or a link to the manufacturer. Try removing the flush valve, they normally twist anticlockwise to take out. There nay be some dirt on the washer or the seat that the washer sits on.

his site wont let me add pictures for whatever reason ... keep getting message "post denied" . but the cistern in question was purchased from victoria plumb and model CNC1001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PLEASE HELP ! brand new concealed cistern continually fillg and running into pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back