Discuss plate to plate descale in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

hi as anyone got any ideas whats best to descale a removed plate to plate . i cant seem to get acid based descalers now from merchants .whats the best product.ben told brick acid does same job

flush through with mains water first

Then I use 'spirit of salts',but do outside or well ventilated area and be very carful with it,cleans like new

Last edited by a moderator:
it's hydrochloric acid, get it from home and garden type stores...don't forget your chemical gloves though

muriatic acid,sulfuric acid and salt =Hydrochloric acid

I order a box when needed from my parts supplier however a lot of plumbers merchants ect will not stock due to dangers of stocking and handling incorrectly,not worth the risk,however a lot of small hardware stores still stock it but you will have to ask as not kept on display

As shorticus says ,you can get you chemical gloves there too !! :eek::)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hydrochloric acid is a great cleaner, downside is that you need to neutralise it before even considering flushing it down the drain or more importantly rinsing the heat exchanger through.

Best chemical by far is DS40, it comes in a box with its own neutraliser powder and has a colour change to let you know when its done. I take our the DHW, boil a kettle and fill a bucket, pour in the powdered DS40, give it a stir and drop the HX in for 20 mins or until the liquid turns from red to green.

You then pour a small amount of neutraliser powder into the bucket and stir, then rinse the DHW and its good to go.

Vokera service manager, Steve Rogers showed me it and all of their service team use it as well as British Gas, except they got DS40 rebranded as an in house product.

Best regards

i usually use Kamco FX2 powerflushing chemical pour it in let it sit and bubble. copious amounts of water to dilute after it stops, repeat as necessary

Hydrochloric acid is a great cleaner, downside is that you need to neutralise it before even considering flushing it down the drain or more importantly rinsing the heat exchanger through.

Best chemical by far is DS40, it comes in a box with its own neutraliser powder and has a colour change to let you know when its done. I take our the DHW, boil a kettle and fill a bucket, pour in the powdered DS40, give it a stir and drop the HX in for 20 mins or until the liquid turns from red to green.

You then pour a small amount of neutraliser powder into the bucket and stir, then rinse the DHW and its good to go.

Vokera service manager, Steve Rogers showed me it and all of their service team use it as well as British Gas, except they got DS40 rebranded as an in house product.

Best regards

Sounds great, where do you get it from?

i have used vinegar and even cheap coke to do this before the coke is quite successful but has to soak over night so not practical this sounds good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plate to plate descale in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock