Discuss Plastic or Copper piping? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
But all the time you Doodle seem like a metaphorical stick of BG rock.

Crack you in half and it says 'Doodle, British Gas!' - In the middle

and I should add, there are a lot more people shouting BG down than supporting them.

Do you think the same will be made of other large companies (the AA for example)?

I find it un-nerving the way big business is squeezing out the small firm.

I try to offer the best possible service I can. 24 hour call out, and I personally will bend over backwards for a customer, as I know it helps MY business grow. Big business can offer the same but do the engineers/plumbers really care, or do they just want to get their shift done and go home?

My mate works for himself and I know how hard he works and it's a lot harder than me. He is a very very good engineer and is never short of work because of how good he is. It's a shame that there is a lot of cowboys out there and it's the cowboys that push people to coming to British Gas. You will always have work if your good, as most of your work will eventually come from word of mouth. If a customer is dissatisfied they tell say 10 people but a customer who is satisfied will only tell 5 people, shame but true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

But all the time you Doodle seem like a metaphorical stick of BG rock.

Crack you in half and it says 'Doodle, British Gas!' - In the middle

Pmsl they pay my wages. To be honest mate it wouldn't matter if it was British Gas or any other company, I will always say what I see. I don't doubt there are a small minority of people who will let the company down. British Gas will always get a lot of stick its the nature of the British people. In America they praise a person or establishment that is successful, in this country it seems people like to criticise anyone who is doing well. British Gas employ a lot of people, isn't that a good thing for the economy?

I hope so. I am constantly busy. Working late to get the back log done, but I worry because if the phone stops ringing, I can't pay my bills. It's often a pain that the phone rings just when I don't want it to, but it's what puts bread on the table.

I have been offered a job interview with BG a few times, and always declined as my business is my third child and I love it.

Yesterday I worked in so many random places, and ended up in the evening working in a farmers field, in the night (with head torch) fixing a cattle water trough, (I grew up in a village called Cowden - lots of farmers!!).

I just thought, I love this, working for myself, employing a couple of good friends, and meeting new people all the time. I'd hate to become part of the machine. Just clocking in and out. It's not the same. I as take pride in because it's MY business.

I have met some brilliant BG engineers though. The old boys, who's knowledge is just amazing.

Last edited:
I hope so. I am constantly busy. Working late to get the back log done, but I worry because if the phone stops ringing, I can't pay my bills. It's often a pain that the phone rings just when I don't want it to, but it's what puts bread on the table.

I have been offered a job interview with BG a few times, and always declined as my business is my third child and I love it.

Yesterday I worked in so many random places, and ended up in the evening working in a farmers field, in the night (with head torch) fixing a cattle water trough, (I grew up in a village called Cowden - lots of farmers!!).

I just thought, I love this, working for myself, employing a couple of good friends, and meeting new people all the time. I'd hate to become part of the machine. Just clocking in and out. It's not the same. I as take pride in because it's MY business.

I have met some brilliant BG engineers though. The old boys, who's knowledge is just amazing.

I admire you mate, you do what I'd love to do but I took the easy option. I like the fact I can switch my phone off at the end of my shift.

Rumour has it that Doodlebug is a cyborg, and that he was created in a secret BG laboratory located in the Welsh valleys - people say he can stick his finger in a flu and get a totally accurate gas reading flash in front of his eyes!

He can only respond positively to criticism of BG because his reactions have been programmed into his cpu at BG HQ!

He never sleeps, they just stand him in a corner and charge his batteries every 12 hours.

BG plan to release 20 new Doodlebugs over the next 12 months.

;-)

Rumour has it that Doodlebug is a cyborg, and that he was created in a secret BG laboratory located in the Welsh valleys - people say he can stick his finger in a flu and get a totally accurate gas reading flash in front of his eyes!

He can only respond positively to criticism of BG because his reactions have been programmed into his cpu at BG HQ!

He never sleeps, they just stand him in a corner and charge his batteries every 12 hours.

BG plan to release 20 new Doodlebugs over the next 12 months.

;-)

Pmsl I once got My finger stuck in the flue of an open flued boiler. I noticed the flue at the back of the boiler looked corroded, so I squeezed down the side of the boiler and poked the corroded area with my finger. My finger went straight through the flue and I couldn't remove it without it cutting into me. Luckily I could just about reach my phone and call a colleague. Ten minutes I was stuck there waiting, that was a long ten minutes, I was thinking all sorts, I imagined the fire brigade turning up and all sorts, I was thinking oh no, I'm gone be in the local papers for this. I was so relieved to see my mate turn up and even more relieved when he managed to dismantle the flue and release me. I nearly did a Croppie and kissed him pmsl

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm not going to pick on Doodle just because he's BG employed. He can clearly take a joke, and also knows a lot about the business, so it’s an attribute to the forum that he's willing to come on and spend his valuable time advising others.

Now we just need to persuade him to set up his own business, and we'll all be happy!! LOL

Well I'm not going to pick on Doodle just because he's BG employed. He can clearly take a joke, and also knows a lot about the business, so it’s an attribute to the forum that he's willing to come on and spend his valuable time advising others.

Now we just need to persuade him to set up his own business, and we'll all be happy!! LOL

I don't pick on anyone - my criticisms are of BG. If Doodlebug chooses to defend BG that's up to him. It's not a personal issue, which I think Doodlebug does appreciate. The cyborg thing is just a bit of banter.

I don't pick on anyone - my criticisms are of BG. If Doodlebug chooses to defend BG that's up to him. It's not a personal issue, which I think Doodlebug does appreciate. The cyborg thing is just a bit of banter.

Are you in denial Peter? Lol

Thanks Danny.

Might be a brain surgeon but probably little work about perhaps!!!! Open a young man today and out pops a syllabus learnt in college or training centre, complete with set answers. Perhaps we do have cyborgs!!!! Joke

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic or Copper piping? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back