Search the forum,

Discuss Pipes clanging after renewing outside tap. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Newbie on this site...first post. Just replaced old outside tap, turned off water supply under sink and completed job. However since then, when I turn off the indoors cold tap including flushing the toilet I hear a fairly loud clang as though there may be air in the system. If that is the case, how do I stop it please?

thanks for any advice.

What you may have done is unmask a hidden problem. Your stopcock may not have been open fully, and upon renewing the outside tap, you may have opened it fully? You may have loose pipework, or even a loose jumper on your stopcock.

What you may have done is unmask a hidden problem. Your stopcock may not have been open fully, and upon renewing the outside tap, you may have opened it fully? You may have loose pipework, or even a loose jumper on your stopcock.
Thanks for advice, it is an old stopcock that really is stiff to turn (I have to use the jaws of an adjustable wrench to move it either way) so perhaps it s time for a change.
[automerge]1592219106[/automerge]
Thanks for advice, it is an old stopcock that really is stiff to turn (I have to use the jaws of an adjustable wrench to move it either way) so perhaps it s time for a change.

Reply to Pipes clanging after renewing outside tap. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock