Currently reading:
pipe sizes for complete heating/DHW system

Discuss pipe sizes for complete heating/DHW system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pappasmurf

Can someone pls help...... just bought a new house. After major works and extensions (Rear and Loft), (next year), will be an 8 bedroom, 4 shower room (no baths), 2 kitchens with full underfloor heating on all floors in the house.

The system will have 2 Worcester Bosch 24Ri (heat only boilers); 1 for the DHW, 1 for the Underfloor heating. No header tank.
I have already updated my mains supply from the street to 32mm poly pipe. The pressure is approx.3 bar and approx.20 lt/min.
There will be an indirect 300lt unvented megaflow cylinder feeding all the DHW (4 shower rooms,2 kitchens).

What i need to know is what size of pipework should i be feeding this circuit?.... i have always assumed that in plumbing, the bigger the better!... is this so?

I was thinking of supplying the cylinder with this 32mm MDPE pipe and then on the outlet from the cylinder feeding the house with 28mm MDPE and eventually reducing to all shower rooms/kitchens back down to 22mm and then further to 15mm. is this correct? as i am hoping to ensure good/reasonable flow rates to all services as possible espcially if more then 1 or 2 services are used at the same time.
will i also need an accumulator up in the loft conversion?.... if so what size pipework will i need for this aswell?

The underfloor heating in the entire property will be piped hot from heating manifolds using the "Wavin" brand.

Check out uponor imho C56 I76 and wireless digital controls

Last edited by a moderator:
i did..... i even went on you tube...... now i remeber i have heard of them...... and also remeber someone at the last PHEX show (Wembley)someone put me off of them... something about they werent that popular and that they might be going into receivership soon!

Lol uponor are a massive company mate huge in Europe can't see them going under and I'm building a house soon and that's what I'll put in my own house
I already have the manifolds c56 I 76 and the didital wireless stats

Ps if there that many in house hot water consumption going to be high
You thought about solar panel?

What's the plumber charging for standing time?, waiting for materials or the builder?

Never mind standing time, SimonG, just imagine his surprise when he get uni-strut & munson rings instead of the plastic clips that he priced for installing. You can just see this one turning into a bun fight quick as anything. what do you reckon one, maybe two weeks tops ?

I was thinking a couple of weeks, if you can get cracked on. Trouble is big jobs never go well, co-ordination is always an issue and the plumber ends up in the mushroom shed. (kept in the dark and fed a load of crap)

ok all you party people, hows it going? gone abit quite on this thread :( ..... got a quote from a screed it firm offering to supply and install underfloor heating to entire property (240m2) including insulating 235mm depth of EPS insulation and DPC membraning on the whole of the groundfloor. The 1st first floor and loft floor to also have UFH. The builder to install the insulation on battens on the top 2 floors. The heating manifolds and PEX pipework will be Emmeti. All the controls will be Wireless Heatmiser (PRT-W) thermostats. The whole of the groundfloor will also be fully Liquid Screeded to a depth of 65mm. This installation does not include any pipework up to the manifolds. The plumber will have to do all that. They are quoting me approx £10,000 for the whole job. Does anyone know if these Emmeti brand and heatmiser brands are any good?.... someone was telling me that Emmeti is/was linked to Uponor!... is this true?... also how does this price sound to you guys?... pls advise :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Howsie yes i will be doing that, but i just thought that someone on here might have an idea or two on the price :)

Of course we have but to be honest, it's a little like my dog chasing her own tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe sizes for complete heating/DHW system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back