Discuss Overflow drip problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hello expert plumbers,

I need some help. I've had two plumbers round to look at an overflow drip from a hot water tank up in the top floor of my house. The drip is constant yet sometimes more frequent when the heating comes on.

I previously had the immersion heater on 24/7; having been advised by the first plumber I could save money not doing this I switched to the hot water heating main system. It didn't fix the drip though. The second plumber serviced my boiler and also took a look. He cut off some pipe that was submerged in the tank and switched me back to the hot water system from immersion heater, however I don't get any hot water from this; it's lukewarm at best.

He suggested that I might have a hole in the coil in my cylinder. He can't do that until next year though. I switched the immersion back on because we didn't have any hot water and the drip is back. It's not coming through the copper pipe he cut though; it's coming up through a grey rubber pipe that also goes into the cold water tank on the same bit as the ball valve.

Is that pipe meant to leak?

To make matters worse the drip is outside my bedroom onto a plastic conservatory roof; thus keeping me up. I've laid a towel down but don't fancy going into the festive period with a constant drip.

Advice would be welcome. Have people seen this before?

Ps my cylinder was at 70 degrees but never heated up to that level with the hot water system on.

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overflow drip problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back