Discuss Outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
and if you are using the standard back plate, fit it below the point where the pipe comes out the wall so that it can be drained in winter.

you can open the outside tap, then close the stopcock inside, but sometimes, even when it's fitted lower, there might be water still left in the pipe. if you want a 100% guarantee of no water left in the pipe, fit an air release tee after the stopcock. close the stopcock, open the tap & open the air release to drain. never done though.

Look I'll do it for £250 and I'll even pet the dog. That's not a euphemism.

If you don’t have a dog, I’ll pet the cat.

If you don’t have a cat, call it £220 and with the extra £30 you’ve saved, go buy a pet.

Yeah, you'd do that and stitch up a fellow tradesmen. That outside tap was my job, and then you swept in with your big talk of tea and jaffa cakes. Great. You know I have a wife to feed right?

Go on then, I hope you choke on your jaffa cake. You stitched me up good and proper. I could drop to £210 and a Hob Nob, chocolate of course. But that's it. I have my pride.

What do u serious
do an outside tap for Danny??? Ur not a £45 full thing are u lol

Outside tap, hmmmm about £110, maybe a bit more. Materials about £25/30. Shouldn't take long if it's drilling through by the kitchen sink and it's all easy to access.

A metre of 15mm pipe, a double check valve, a full bore ballafix, a back plate elbow and a bib tap, oh and a couple of elbows and an equal tee.

Shouldn't take long. Last one I did was last year. knock on my van window as I was packing up from another job. Charged £75 and it took me half hour. But I did have all the bits on board and did just walk over to the property and fit it easily.

I've been using outside taps as a foot in the door, got them on offer on my website for £40. I see it as advertising, takes 1/2 hour and the cost is covered. I leave a business card and have had a few repeat jobs off the back of it.
Supermarkets have been doing it for years with 'loss leaders', they'll sell something cheap at a loss in the hope that you also buy some other stuff while you're there. Like when asda did tins of plum tomatoes for 7p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back