Discuss Oil burner nozzel types in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tom brack

Hi, I have always used danfoss oil burner nozzels when servicing [mainly domestic ] . Does anyone have any experience of other brands like monarch ect and are they as reliable as danfoss?. My local merchant is talking about stocking some different brands. I do not want to be getting callbacks for inferior product. Any advice from people with experience of different brands would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Why would he need to stock different brands? The only other brand he should stock are delevan nozzles, some of the boulters use W nozzles which danfoss dont do.

The thing is the Danfoss Enhanced nozzles (green top) are specifically designed for Kerosene. Monarch nozzles and most Delavan nozzles are designed for Gas Oil (Being made in the USA, they Americans mainly use gas oil for domestic heating so I am told. This is why I always use the Danfoss green top for domestic. It is also why many boiler manufacturers specify "ES" or "EH" Monarch nozzles stocked here tend to be high volume burners (such as hot water pressure washers) which use Diesel.

My advice is to stick to Danfoss. Where a type "W" nozzle is asked for, a Danfoss type "SS" (Semi Solid) is the equivalent if you cant get Delavan. If your merchant ends up getting a load of other makes he could end up getting stuck with them.

Last edited:
The thing is the Danfoss Enhanced nozzles (green top) are specifically designed for Kerosene. Monarch nozzles and most Delavan nozzles are designed for Gas Oil (Being made in the USA, they Americans mainly use gas oil for domestic heating so I am told. This is why I always use the Danfoss green top for domestic. It is also why many boiler manufacturers specify "ES" or "EH" Monarch nozzles stocked here tend to be high volume burners (such as hot water pressure washers) which use Diesel.

My advice is to stick to Danfoss. Where a type "W" nozzle is asked for, a Danfoss type "SS" (Semi Solid) is the equivalent if you cant get Delavan. If your merchant ends up getting a load of other makes he could end up getting stuck with them.

Thanks for the informative reply.Ill be sticking with danfoss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil burner nozzel types in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock