Search the forum,

Discuss Off to church in the morn..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

I'm not religious, (I was once,) but for some reason I've decided to go and give a local church a go in the morning. Suppose I'm looking for answers to this plumbing lark and why I'm fecked, stressed out and having to go through surgery again in April for the fourth time in just over a year! LOL

Suppose it's nice to have something to believe in but I'll go along, try it out and see what happens. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

At the very least I can say the Mods Prayer.

Whatever works for you is what I say! I don't get religion don't believe in any if it, but if it gives someone a purpose in life then fair do's

At the very least everyone in the church will get a few of my business cards! LOL

LOL When they come round with the money tray just pop a business card in. ;)

can get alot of work from them ! dont go personally but got work from them ! but havent made much money off them as i feel bad charging to pack a gland nut for a elderly lonley lady but there nice people !

thought about a few used copper olives.
Pretend to take a brass one off your finger and put that in, they'll think its your wedding ring - until they try pawning it.

thought about a few used copper olives.

Be better than money. At least they could melt in down turn in back into pipe and use it to plumb clean water into parts of Africa, cause the money given just lines the pockets of the Church. Anyone been to the Vatican in Rome? It's sickening how much wealth is there!

Pretend to take a brass one off your finger and put that in, they'll think its your wedding ring - until they try pawning it.
Being Scottish that comes naturally. Only in Scotland can they pass a collection tray round a church full of people and it comes back empty.

Be better than money. At least they could melt in down turn in back into pipe and use it to plumb clean water into parts of Africa, cause the money given just lines the pockets of the Church. Anyone been to the Vatican in Rome? It's sickening how much wealth is there!

charity should start at home ! got enough of our own problems !

Are you serious about this church thing? Just that I don't know anything about this surgery you said you've been having.

Yes I'm serious about it, just want to give it a try, something different and who knows might get something out of it. If I don't like it, I won't go back.

Surgery is because of this damn career mate!

This surgery still due to complications from b4 or something else, you gonna be back at work the next day again :yes:

I almost always go to Church at Easter - in fact when the local crematorium is shut down
for Easter guess who has the contract for cleaning under the burner sets ? - it comes
as a part of the contract for the water taps etc in the cemetary - centralheatking
I'm not religious, (I was once,) but for some reason I've decided to go and give a local church a go in the morning. Suppose I'm looking for answers to this plumbing lark and why I'm fecked, stressed out and having to go through surgery again in April for the fourth time in just over a year! LOL

Suppose it's nice to have something to believe in but I'll go along, try it out and see what happens. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

At the very least I can say the Mods Prayer.

It didn't work so I've got to go through it again. Probably will be a muppet again and go back next day. Doctor had the heebeegeebees when he heard about that! LOL

I once did the leadwork in Daldowie Crematorium and watched a coffin being incinerated. The body in the coffin sits up for a moment as the heat boils the liquid inside it. Creepy to watch.

They grind the unburnt bones afterwards, not a nice job.

It didn't work so I've got to go through it again. Probably will be a muppet again and go back next day. Doctor had the heebeegeebees when he heard about that! LOL

Shouldn"t that tell ya something take time of to get it sorted once and for all and take time for it to heal properley

Money is more important than Health

Yep agreed seeing as the missus is sitting next to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I once did the leadwork in Daldowie Crematorium and watched a coffin being incinerated. The body in the coffin sits up for a moment as the heat boils the liquid inside it. Creepy to watch.

They grind the unburnt bones afterwards, not a nice job.

there should be a no thanks button to press. I didn't need to know that.
ignorance is bliss

I think it is awesome what you're doing collin. I am not religious but belive in Jesus. I was just a down and out druggy 13yrs ago living on the streets of London. I ended up going to a little island called Sark in the channel islands. Pretending to be a chef I was. There I met a young girl from south africa who was just the most amazing person I had come across. She was so happy all the time and never need any of the drink and drugs to enjoy life. So I wanted some of what she had. Now I have a decent job as a plumber, a clean life and I married that girl. I have been so blessed.I shall Pray for you for tomorrow collin. For your healing

I think it is awesome what you're doing collin. I am not religious but belive in Jesus. I was just a down and out druggy 13yrs ago living on the streets of London. I ended up going to a little island called Sark in the channel islands. Pretending to be a chef I was. There I met a young girl from south africa who was just the most amazing person I had come across. She was so happy all the time and never need any of the drink and drugs to enjoy life. So I wanted some of what she had. Now I have a decent job as a plumber, a clean life and I married that girl. I have been so blessed.I shall Pray for you for tomorrow collin. For your healing

Well in mate! Amazing stuff, **** all to do with god or Jesus though, that was all you!

If it was all up to me zeb I would still be that guy getting in trouble and spending time in the cells. It's through my relationship with Jesus that I Am where I am today. My nature is to be a trouble maker. And it is real hars not to. But my time at church in fellowship keeps me cool

Also, after Sark I kept cheffing for 5yrs around London. But decided it was not the job for me as the girl I wanted to marry would have a 9-5 job. So I went to south africa to visit her for a couple of months while she was at uni. She had a mate who had his own plumbing company and I offered to work for him for free for my time there. I liked it and decided it was the job I could go into. Then I came back to london and signed up to the 6129 in paddington college. Then I rented a room in ealing as it had direct links to paddington. Found a church. On my 1st visit I met tje pastor and told him what I wanted to do. He introduced me to a plumber who took me o and taught me plumbing. Is it all just a coincidence?

My thoughts are that some people get a lot out of it, some don't. There's no harm in trying it. My philosophy is to always try things out instead of just wondering what it's like. Maybe it's more than a coincidence that I feel like going tomorrow, who knows?

What a great life story Mutley, cheers for sharing and glad it all worked out for you.

Sorry Zeb but I draw the line at gay pics on an iphone! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a wicked story mate fair play and genuinely think you deserve everything you get now from life. I know how hard it is to get off drugs (not myself but have witnessed the suffering) doff my cap to you

If it was all up to me zeb I would still be that guy getting in trouble and spending time in the cells. It's through my relationship with Jesus that I Am where I am today. My nature is to be a trouble maker. And it is real hars not to. But my time at church in fellowship keeps me cool

I hope I don't cause offence by this. You need to give yourself more credit, I'm atheist i honestly reckon its all fairy tails. Only you could change your life in such a way, being accepted and apart of something probably helped! But it was you who changed your life!

Agree again with Zeb, the Jesus part maybe gave you the focus and the ability to actually believe in yourself subconsciously thinking you was believing in Jesus. Obviously seems also your missus was a massive help

But that's just it. It was not difficult. I stopped it all in one go. Smoking, drinking, all drugs. It was easy. The hardest one though was alcohol. Because I was chef I liked to eat fine foods and fine wines. So I stopped that for a yr, then I bought a bottle of wine and would see if I could just have 1 glass. I ended up drinking the whole bottle. So I stopped for 6 more months and tried again and succeeded. Now I can enjoy a glass of fine wines with fine foods. I was chuffed

But that's just it. It was not difficult. I stopped it all in one go. Smoking, drinking, all drugs. It was easy. The hardest one though was alcohol. Because I was chef I liked to eat fine foods and fine wines. So I stopped that for a yr, then I bought a bottle of wine and would see if I could just have 1 glass. I ended up drinking the whole bottle. So I stopped for 6 more months and tried again and succeeded. Now I can enjoy a glass of fine wines with fine foods. I was chuffed

Well in! Life would be rubbish without a glass of red and a good meal!

Still all you though ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Off to church in the morn..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock