Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water glow worm 24ci boiler- please help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I

Ian Looms

Hello everyone, I have a glow-worm 24ci which was working fine and has now decided that it doesn't want to heat the water.

By this I mean that when the heating is turned on everything kicks in fine but when the tap is turned on nothing happens.

Water pressure is fine but doesn't get hot at all.

HELP PLEASE.

I'm not an expert, but if your system is fitted with a 2 port valve, or possibly a 3 port valve, the motor on the valve may have failed, meaning the valve is staying in the "heating" position allowing hot water around your CH, but then is NOT switching to supply hot water to your taps when there's a demand for hot water.

I only mention this as this is exactly what has just happened to my parents system!!!

However, they do have a hot water cylinder, so the hot water is stored and maintained at a constant temperature rather than being generated by the boiler when a hot tap is turned on.

Reply to No hot water glow worm 24ci boiler- please help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock