Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss new heating system....few issues. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bikemunki

Hi guys.
I've had a vaillant 832 ecotec plus boiler fitted with column rads downstairs.

First problem is the boiler says s.63 please check gas route. My installer can't find a problem and it's not listed under faults in the installers menu, just on the main display with a spanner showing.

Second is I have a Salus it500 wireless stat, but I can't get it to control the boiler. It's wired into the 230v RT on the boiler, does a link need to be added or removed for it to work?.

Any advice or assistance would be great.

Thanks

I would suggest that you get another gas safe registered engineer to take a look for you.

Please don`t be offended .................
Do you have gas coming in the house? Gas cooker you can use to check.
It`s really the installers problem, was he / she gsr engineer?
Call Vaillant help line if you think it`s a boiler fault.

One thing you don`t say is did it ever work?

Thanks for the replies guys.
This is a change of system from an old worcester 24cdi combi and microbore system to the vaillant with all new pipework and rads.

My installer is a friend and G/S registered, but he hasn't much experience with vaillant boilers.

The heating is on and working, but the spanner is on the LCD and it's showing s.63 in the live info, but it's not there under the faults menu in the installation menu.

Post a couple of pics of the boiler and benchmark sheet in the back of the installation manual
Might give us some clues.

I'm struggling to add the pics from my phone. I'll try from the laptop later.

The boiler is displaying "Fault S.63 Check Gas Route"

It seems to be working fine though.

What size is the gas pipework and how far is the boiler from the meter?

It's 22mm from the meter until 6" from the boiler where it drops to 15mm as that's the boiler pipework size.
The meter is 6 or 7m from the boiler.

It's 22mm from the meter until 6" from the boiler where it drops to 15mm as that's the boiler pipework size.
The meter is 6 or 7m from the boiler.

nope needs 22mm all the way unless its straight and no bends

The connection on the boiler is 15mm. I just double checked and it's 15mm up to the flexi pipe leading to the gas valve.

The connection on the boiler is 15mm. I just double checked and it's 15mm up to the flexi pipe leading to the gas valve.

mate dont open the case of the boiler as you cant unless your gas safe

When was it fitted and has it ever worked

When was it fitted and has it ever worked

Guess you missed post #3 then. lol

Me, I have a bad feeling this was a diy install unless he can show the benchmark sheet as requested in post#5

It was switched on today and was on for an hour or so before the spanner showed up.
There's still a couple of rads to plum, so the system.isn't quite finished yet.

Guess you missed post #3 then. lol

Me, I have a bad feeling this was a diy install unless he can show the benchmark sheet as requested in post#5

Ah RPM sorry long day

I think we assume diy unless we see benchmark.

Not DIY.
My mate has been a plumbing and heating installer for years and has recently started working offshore. What is the benchmark sheet? I thought you were meaning the list of fault codes on the troubleshooting page.

Nope, back of installation manual there is a sheet to be filled out by installer

The installation manual isnt here, I'm gues he must have it.
He's back Monday to finish up so I'll ask him about it then.
This stuff isn't what I do, I've only been labouring to help out.
I should have just bought the Worcester like he recommended haha.

Nothing wrong with Vaillant mate if installed correctly. If your installer is GS then he'd know not to take the commissioning documentation away with him as this information can prove invaluable where it looks like it can't have been commissioned properly. What's he got to finish up on Monday if he's left boiler running??

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with Vaillant mate if installed correctly. If your installer is GS then he'd know not to take the commissioning documentation away with him as this information can prove invaluable where it looks like it can't have been commissioned properly

Unless he hasn't yet commissioned it and is doing a it of light reading.

In which case as an uncommissioned appliance it shouldn't be running anyway!

Something doesn't entirely add up here

2 rads in the lounge and one in the kitchen haven't been completed yet. It's been snowing here so I asked if we could have hot water and the system running today if at all possible.
He's looped out the feed and return to that side of the ground floor and got it going for us.

Guys, just delete the post if it helps. I'm not entirety sure what's not adding up.
Anyway nightshift calls, the railway won't run itself.

Thanks for the replies.

Mate you have to understand. We don't offer advice on the inner workings of boilers. Forum rules. We're not being awkward we're just concerned about people's safety. The reason we are sceptical here is that it doesn't sound like your engineer has commissioned the appliance properly and as such the appliance should not be running.

He doesn't know the boiler. Said they are more complex via the front screen than he's used to. I said I would see if I can find out any info on why its displaying the spanner. There's still no faults listed in the installers menu.

Do you need to be specifically trained on every boiler you install?
I really should have went with his recommendation and bought the bloody worcester.

if its not listed in the mi's ring vaillant

Please don't think we're taking the mick, if you'd like to get your mate to register on here then we'll help him out we just can't offer gas advice to a non qualified bod. I'm sure you understand

Mate you have to understand. We don't offer advice on the inner workings of boilers. Forum rules. We're not being awkward we're just concerned about people's safety. The reason we are sceptical here is that it doesn't sound like your engineer has commissioned the appliance properly and as such the appliance should not be running.

Exactly this.

Please understand that it's your safety and well being we're concerned about.

You say your mate works off shore. Is he actually Gas Safe Registered? And if so does he have the correct tickets for the job?

Turn the boiler off, please.

Croppie, can I put on here what s.63 means?

Croppie, can I put on here what s.63 means?

guess if you dont give any hints what theres to fix/ the problem/ to get around he will be fine but wait till the big man gives his nod

Guys, I'm feeling g bad for asking him to get it running before he was finished.
I don't want to get anyone into any trouble, especially if he's done dome things out of sequence to help us out.
I'll just let him deal with it when he's back, I shouldn't have got involved.

If he can't get to the bottom of it I'll call vaillant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new heating system....few issues. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock