Search the forum,

Discuss new gas man in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

still learning

Hi guys, its been....some time since my last confession...
Ok, just got myself onto the register woo hoo! Before I go out buying all sorts can anyone give advice on new non plumbing stuff, best gas flue analyser? Paperwork, books etc?
All advise welcome.thanks in advance.

Ha ha, omg your right, just read my post and it does sound well.....wrong to say the least.

No way.it will take me 5 years to recover from the bloody exam

first thing i would do is sign upto an agency or two get some regular gas work doing H/A servicing and get as much kit as you can ,
landlord book , gas test nipples ,at risk id stickers and book , o rings , silicone grease , 3 amp fuses , quick blow fuses ,big back of meter discs , smoke pellets, smoke matches ,blue roll , gas tape , plus gas meter labeling ,closure tape and anything else you care to mention

Manometer,cupboard key,earth straps & cable just a few more suggestions and well done mate

IMHO evo sprint 2 is the best flue gas analyser, i bought mine from cranefords, just google em. Congrats on joining the 'register'

Thank you so much guys,been a long road to get gas safe but done now! Thanks for your kit ideas too.no wonder gas men charge so much lol. You got to just to cover till bag let alone making some profit too....... Ok, night night.I'm sure I will have many....many more questions.

BES used to do a good gasman's kit.
Get some spare test point nipples, and gas meter caps or discs.
You'll need a full range of clobber for your GSR man's inspection. Up to date closure plate tape, labels etc.
Sprints seem to be as good as any. Ask Kevin at Gas & Environmental Services.
Would suggest a separate digital manometer too.
There's gas rating apps and pipe sizing apps for smartphones, depending how good your mental arithmetic is. I never bothered with them.
Servicing old boilers is easier than new, because some newer ones need expensive gaskets routinely. Get to about 3 of the major manufacturers basic boiler courses. Then you can ask about their whole range they do. Find out which boilers are a royal pita to service, like a Keston Celcius 25.
Some of the old boilers like Pumas are "different". You need to find out the lilst of common faults, some you wouldn't get from the manual.
Most important - darned great padlocks for your van doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new gas man in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock