Search the forum,

Discuss New gas boiler problems in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

Just installed a new baxi platinum on a new gas installation and everything is fine and the gas standing pressure is at 24mb when switching on the new boiler and trying to commission the boiler it draws gas and goes from 24mb down to 3mb and locks out.

It is a medium pressure installation and the regulator is locking out everytime the boiler tries to fire and no more gas is released until it’s reset.

It’s a fairly long gas run so I have increased the line to 28mm and the remaining length of about 6 meters in 22.

Any help would be appreciated

call the networks out as reg faulty likely

What’s the working pressure at the meter?
I tested it from the meter aswell as the boiler and as soon as the boiler fires it takes a nosedive at the meter straight from 24mb to lockout. The gas transporter came out yesterday and replaced the regulator as it was faulty but it’s now doing the same thing. They came out again today and said it’s now fine but could be an issue in the road.

I tested it from the meter aswell as the boiler and as soon as the boiler fires it takes a nosedive at the meter straight from 24mb to lockout. The gas transporter came out yesterday and replaced the regulator as it was faulty but it’s now doing the same thing. They came out again today and said it’s now fine but could be an issue in the road.
The regulator just seems to lock out continuously

Reply to New gas boiler problems in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock