Discuss New central heating advice full new system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi masood at the min I just don't have the time, I am it the house every min a can be just got back in now, if you message me in a few month I would be happy to.

If you know a really good heating installer, I would just let them install all the pipework.
You will not install the copper pipework any better than I could, for example.
I really can't see you saving much, if any money just doing the rads pipework any paying for everything else.

Thanks for that best, it's more that I want to do as mush a I can do myself, it more for personal satisfaction, but I will get the to price it anyway, was just thinking all the labor in chasing the walls and doing first fix, it like today had my brother friend in bricking up a window and cutting out for the new one, he talked me through supporting the structural wall before I knocked it down then he help me lift the rsj into place and he talked me thought the rest he said a probe save about £300 to £500 if a builder done it for me, building inspector is come to check everything tomorrow, but if there is things I no I can't do like install and commission a boiler I will get the right people in for the job, but thanks for the advice

All the best with it. I fully understand your thinking. If you get satisfaction from doing a lot of it yourself and doing it really well, then go for it.

Masood if you are wanting to make something stronger I would seriously look into it, it can be so dangerous especially if the still is not made correctly it can blow up, my dads brother would not let me make them on my own for about 7 years, I no of people in America who have been seriously injured, if I was you I would look at you tube at accidents with stills on go from there. It can be really expensive to make a still, look at some of the small one on YouTube and that will show you what's involved in building one but I would not advise it, I have never made one for about 8 or 9 years and I think I would have to do abit practise again to get it right,

With out carrying out a heat loss survey I would be fitting a system boiler rated somewhere between 15-18KW and a 250 litre unvented cylinder such as a megaflo. Make sure the people you use are gas safe registered and G3 qualified to install the cylinder. With 2 bathrooms and the chance to install from scratch I wouldn't bother with a combi.

Hi macackau thanks for the advice going to look into all options, going out it the wife this week to look at bathrooms as when heating engineer comes I can tell him what I am fitting. It looks like in one bathroom there will be a bath with over head shower. And in the second bathroom there will just be a walk in shower, so the highest demand will be running 2 showers at same time. As I said before I have no experience on heating systems. With a system boiler would I get instant dhw hot water at the taps when I need it or do I have to heat it up prior. Just I no my wife will be wanting intant hot water.
Thanks for the reply

You'll be hearing and storing but if it's a well fitted mains pressure unvented cylinder it'll be pretty quick to deliver hot water. Could install a secondary circulation loop to make it near instant.

Ok thanks macakau great advise will discuss this option with the heating engineer when he comes out
Thanks again

Wise words from Lee regarding danger of still. Brandy, 40 proof on Xmas pudding, no comparison to 80 proof distillate on wok burner. Vapours highly volatile, like methane. Angels dancing on kitchen ceiling not recommended.

Depending on age of the property, rule of thumb suggests about 4BTU/cu.ft or about 40W/cu.m in each room. That would probably mean your rads will be a little bit oversized if you don't want to go for full heat loss calcs but at least you can always turn them down!
Sizing systems on 20C flow/return temp drop you'd get about 5kW on 15mm pipe, 15kW on 22mm and 31kW on 28mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New central heating advice full new system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back