Discuss New central heating advice full new system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all new to this site and just looking for some advice,

i have are just got a new house, and have gutted the hole house, in the next few weeks I will need to start on the heating system, the house is a 4 bedroom with 2 bathrooms, I will be installing 11 rads and 2 towel rads, still need to looking into calculating correct size rads for each room, the boiler I have been looking at is the Worcester greenstar 38cdi Classic, will that combi be ok or is it too big or to small. I was thinking of using 22mm speedfit barrier pipe as flow and return through centre of house then tee off with 15mm to the rads is this the correct way to do this. Also do I still need to install a auto prv under the new boiler or does the 38cdi have one installed in it already, when it comes to fitting the boiler I will be getting an installer out but would like to try and save a bit money and install all pipe work and rads myself.
thanks
lee

best way is talk to a heating/ gas safe eng and fyi if it was me i would want a unvented cylinder as combis dont really like more than one bathroom

Thanks for the reply Shaun I am going to be researching and will probably get if few installers in to give me a quote and what there think is the best system for the property.

if you aim to live in this place for more than 10 years, use copper, you will probably be happier in the knowledge it wont leak any time soon.

Thanks for the advice lame plumber, but am I right in saying use 22mm flow and return through centre of house the tee off with 15mm to each rad

all depends on what the heating calcs tell you you need. best to take the advice of the people installing your boiler so the whole system works properly.

I really like lee1981, takes advice, good luck with your project, join forces with a plumber so you can do the horrid bits and let them do the boiler bits, you'll still save money, but being mentored get it done well.

being as I am in a good mood, let the plumber quote for and supply all the parts, they will make a bit on them, BUT vyou will get the correct bits, not waste time and have a warranty on the parts from the plumber if your lucky. You wont be waitinf for fedex, paying money for the wrong bits that arrive broken and **** your plumber off by wasting their time, the internet is not the cheapest supplier of parts, despite what folks think! look at the big picture

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I have done a lot a pluming jobs in the past so am happy using copper of plastic pipe, so running the new pipe and fitting the rads is no problem just have no experience in heating system design, so thanks for the advice and I will contact a few installers and see if they can design my system for me, and as you said I just want him to fit and commission boiler and run gas pipe I will do the rest, hopefully start the new house rewire next week then on to heating system. Thanks again for the advice.

The main reason I posted was because I no I lad who just finished his apprenticeship about a year ago, but just don't feel he he has the experience to design the best energy efficient system for me, he is also gas safe registered, I would of spoke to his boss but he is a total a** hole and we don't get on, also I have a trade account with the plumbcentre as I use them a lot for bathroom gear and pipe & fittings, first I think I will contact a few heating engineers and see if they will design a system for me and I will pay them for that. So thanks again for all your advise and I will see how I get on when I contact a few heating installers

Don't need to go the sparky forum. my mate is a sparky so I am supplying gear and chasing the walls, then I will help him pull cables and he is fitting the rest for me but thanks.

Amazing - you have settled on a boiler and haven't even mentioned you have calculated the heat loss from the building.

Perhaps you want to start again ???

Hi Phil I haven't decided yet, been looking in to heating systems all night, and you are 100% right there is a lot more than just picking a boiler, so I am going to get a heating engineer out to design my hole system and talk me though all the different central heating option, and then take it from there
Thanks

everyones a plumber these days. Why do I bother going to work if everyone can do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New central heating advice full new system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock