Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss need help with underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenC

hi ladies and gents hope you can help me here,
in the process of buying a house and im going to fit underfloor heating ive got a manifold just need a pump and blender pack, but from what i can see it is basicaly a very expensive tmv, so im trying to save money and build it up myself just wondering if it will work and if so is my diagram correct?, is the pump in the right place? or could i get rid of the pump completely as theres a pump in the boiler and seems daft using two pump expecialy as im only having ufh no radiators well apart from a towl rail in the bathroom.

underfloorheatingdiagram.jpg

the room temps will be controled via room stats and actuators on the manifold

unsure, but whats in a normal pump pack to cover if the tmv in that fails

wouldn't the room stats cover the tmv if it fails as the room would heat up stat would reach its working temp and then tell the actuator to shut that zone down. so once every stat has told all the actuators to shut down there would be no water circilating the circuit.

well what if there was a pipe stat wired in just after the tmv to shut the boiler down if the flow from the tmv got to hot

If the boiler is just for ufh you wont need the extra pump or mixing valve just turn the stat down on the boiler use a manofold with thermostatic heads on each circuit

ye still not sure about the pump if the system needs the 2 pumps or not, i cant see why it would aslong as the one in the boiler was cabable of moving enough water around the system, the house isnt very big.

Simon give the guy a break, ive seen quite alot of UFH set ups done the was Ben wants to do it.

Ben the pump your pump is in the wrong place.

You need to move the pump to the outlet of the blending vlave so that it can pull water back from the return of the manifold through the blending valve.

It is also important to install an Auto bypass between the flow and return pipes before the reach the manifold so that when the hot inlet on the blending valves winds down the by pass opens and the boiler will shut down on its thermostat.

On a packaged UFH kit there would possibly be some form of temperature protection within the wiring centre/logic box that can be enabled/disabled using dip switches.

If the boiler is just for ufh you wont need the extra pump or mixing valve just turn the stat down on the boiler use a manofold with thermostatic heads on each circuit
ye boiler is just for underfloor heating but there will be one towel rail in the bathroom

i had realised about the auto bypass just hadnt added it. so like this then
underfloorheatingdiagram-1.jpg

This is a set up with a mixing valveImageUploadedByTapatalk1321996474.794547.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321996494.838454.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321996494.838454.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
cant really make out the pics mate they come out tiny, and what do you mean by moving valve?

You can get 28mm mixing valves suitable for underfloor for about ÂŁ70-ÂŁ80 watts is the make

Do t do it this way it's WRONG

Like the idea of a pipe stat to close under floor heating if pipe work gets to hot due to faulty mixing valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need help with underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock