Discuss Need help identifying this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SPB

Was doing some handyman jobs for a client in London today. One of the problems related to a really bad smell coming from the area near washing machine in kitchen. This smell did not occur all the time, but when it did it was very, very strong. I checked that there were no obvious problems - leaks, blockages, but could find nothing wrong with the washing machine. On checking an inspection panel above the washing machine and in the corner of the kitchen (very close to cooker) I found what looks like an air vent, but I could be totally wrong. Could anyone tell me what this is? - see pictures.

Attachments

• photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 35
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 32
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like an Air Admitence Valve to me, what size pipe is it, its awkward to make out from photos.
I'm guessing 4" after a closer look.

air admittance valve or "durgo" it basically lets air in to the waste pipe, but doesnt let air out. This one will be jammed open and letting air out. they are prone to failure that's why you must always fit an inspection hatch where one is fitted, you will be able to take that out(looks like a tricky number) and try fix or replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need help identifying this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back