Discuss My method for pipe chasing, anyone do it different? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smillsey

Hi all,

got a job which HAS to be behind the plaster/plasterboard (unclear as to what is going over yet as im not plastering it)

Well, horizontal chase in 100mm brick is the situation in question.

If plasterboarding over top

Cut 1/6th depth horizontal with angle grinder and chop out
run 15mm copper flow and return in chase
use solder fittings
wrap in denso to prevent a reaction between plaster and copper
Let the plasterer do his dirty business all over my immaculate new pipework

If plastering with the wet stuff over my new pipework

channel would need to incorporate a battened plasterboard covering to allow expansion
Or run pipes in 22m plastic conduit.

I know this will be a pig.

Anyone got a better way before I send the quote over?

If I can I use plastic coated copper lengths as its less messy than denso tape.

hmmm yeah did think about doing that last time but never did.....

I dunno,

i hate denzo tape lol

i would agree with the sleeve though to allow for expansion

what about plastic pipe?can addapt to copper in sight if you use the grey hep with aluminium inserts and compression fittings it will not come apart and last as long as copper no need to protect it against corrosion

I know gas man you are right, but it hurts that you are right i tell ya.

I never use plastic. I need to get with the times i really do.

What about protecting against frost when chasing into external walls? I dont think expanding foam is going to be any good as it will make a stupid noise under expansion.....

then again with plastic it wont expand as much......

Also gas man, are we saying plaster over the compression fittings??? Ie no accessability of a compression fitting?

know i would not want to put a compression fitting were i could not get at it,whats it feeding?

2.5k rad mate,

I was gonna say its all gonna be buried,

with iso valves in the living room (as the pipes are surface mount in there) to get around building regs

Having to come off existing 15mm drops to the living room rad but flow rates will be fine for the two rads imho

in a conservatory hence the iso valves and a TRV, slipping causually around the building inspectors.

in a conservatory hence the iso valves and a TRV, slipping causually around the building inspectors.
Is that acceptable.

Yes I know it would be for me but I am not sure of present regs as a diyer.

strait forward in hep if its a rad,use angeled adapters and take it strait into the rad valves

what would you frost protect it with gas man? When its going to be buried in plaster/behind board?

you could lag it,best you can do under the circumstances,would not have thought it could freeze but you never know

So as its being plastered over i cannot use anything but copper,

or do these anlgled adapters solve my prob, never used em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My method for pipe chasing, anyone do it different? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back