Discuss munting double rad on to plastic wall panelling advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

handsomejackuk

Have a 600 x 1000 double radiator to mount in my bathroom, will be mounting it on to a solid block wall, that has been clad with plasterboard, and pvc marble effect wall panelling... bearing in mind the weight of the radiator empty no water....

would i better mounting the brackets to the plasterboard/ block, i.e. cutting away the plastic panelling where the brackets mount.. rather than risk squishing the plastic pannelling cells and not having a firm mounting base for the brackets...?

I think you've answered your own question :)

That's the way I would go.

or cut/drill a hole and put a block of some kind in back to the solid wall, then you will be able to tighten with no risk of damage to the plastic or plasterboard ( thats assuming the gap behind the plasterboard is not massive )

ahh rite thanks i was thinking it may be best to cut away the plastic.... just wanted some confirmation really...the plasterboard is bonded to the block, so no cavity to put in a wooden block...

just got to get a person with muscles to lift it up as i am a weakling.!!!!

one solution could possibly be drill a hole and expanding foam the gap between the the materials so when you tighten your screws the foam will help stop the wall moving.

forgot to say be careful how you munt a radiator, it may bite. but it will get better looking the more you drink :)

I'd drill the fixings and then open up the holes through the plasterboard and panelling to 15mm and use short lengths of copper tube as spacers to prevent crushing the plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to munting double rad on to plastic wall panelling advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock