Discuss Mixer shower feeds? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doracake

Hey,

I've just bought one of these:eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I intend to put into this mains cold and a hot cylinder feed.

The Cylinder is going in a couple of weeks to be replaced by a combi hot feed.

After reading on here about unbalanced feeds I'm wondering if either or both will cause me a problem?

I'll be putting isolating valves on all feeds, is it possible to part close the valve on the mains to reduce the pressure ?

Also - The hot feed is around a 14m run from the shower :dozey: (I'm guessing the cylinder feed is a no no)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Install it once your combi is fitted, it won't work on unbalanced supplies. A valve would restrict flow, not adjust pressure.

you should be fine with the combi hot and mains cold but if the mains is higher than 3bar i would fit a pressure reducing valve to bring it down to 3bar imho

Thanks Gents. Thought that might be the case.

I'll install it all but wont test until the hot feed is coming from the combi.

The mains seems quite high so I'll fit with the provision to fit the valve if need be.

cheers

Last question sorry. My combi might be longer than I hoped getting installed. Will I be able to test the piping for leaks with feeds from the cold main and hot tank supply?

I've a false ceiling to go up and I don't want to be waiting on the boiler if I don't have to.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer shower feeds? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock