Currently reading:
Mira Play Electric Shower Works Intermittently (goes cold or sometimes too hot!)

Discuss Mira Play Electric Shower Works Intermittently (goes cold or sometimes too hot!) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anna R

Hi,

I'm not a Plumber, but not sure where to post for this. I live in a terraced house and replaced the shower 2 years ago, due to problems with it going too hot and then too cold, however the problem is still going on with the new shower...

I have a Mira Play electric shower. Sometimes it will work brilliantly, and other times it will start off reasonably then go really hot and then shortly after, go really cold - (or just straight to freezing cold from the normal temperature.)

I daren't touch the thermostat during the good shower days, as I fear it will adjust temperature extremely - as it has done before - rather than slightly, so i put up with it on the one setting, that seems to work most of the time.... it may go cold for a few seconds during the 5 -10 min shower, but then goes warm soon after.

On the bad days, it'll be warm for a bit maybe 30 secs or a minute or even 5 mins in to the shower, but it then goes cold; it just streams cold water for a very long time and I have to result in pouring a bath.
When it goes cold I know it's about to do so as the tone / sound changes in the shower itself.

Also, at first when the temperature is warm, the pressure will be great, but when the sound of the shower changes and I know it's going to go cold, the flow of water will also stutter through the shower head for a short period during the change from hot to cold, and then cease to stutter once the water flow changes to cold and it comes out very fast so not much of a pressure drop as far as i'm aware.

I've spoken to a few different plumbers about this problem already, I hope someone can help.

In addition, I have had the stop taps replaced and the seemed to fix the problem for a bit, due to the fact it could be dirt and rubble getting into the pipe work, but the problem with the shower does come back after a while.

Sorry for the detailed info, I just didn't want to leave anything vital out...

Thanks,

Anna

Have you had an electrician check the wiring and the switch? The fact that the previous shower had similar issues suggests an electrical installation issue to me. That's not to say that there isn't another problem within the shower unit itself. :confused5:

It sounds like the shower cartridge needs replacing,

regards.

If you contact mira they will suggest what the problem is or one of their engineers will come out and fix it for a one off fee whatever the problem with it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mira Play Electric Shower Works Intermittently (goes cold or sometimes too hot!) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock