Discuss Mira event shower disaster in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EdTurner

Hi,

I have a mira event shower (1999).

The other night all of a sudden the electric in the house went off. I traced this to the shower and once isolated the electric is fine.
I thought it might be the pcb and have just replaced it but there is no change, once the power is switched on to the shower it trips the whole house.

My first port of call would usually be to contact a local plumber but as I have been out of work for a few months this is not an option. The cost of the replacement pcb is going to hurt for a few weeks!

Any pointers would be very gratefully received.
My daughters cannot seems to exist without showering.

Just to add the bloody thing is leaking now! I am toast when they get back from school :(

Ed

I fixed a Mira Event shower several months ago for a friend. It is 20 years old!
I had actually replaced the motor/pump unit when the shower was 8 years old & had heavy use by a family. The 2 brushes in the motor wear out & the first time I just replaced whole motor unit as the brushes had worn away & the spring was stuck in the motor.
12 years later & it stopped & again the brushes were worn. Motor looked little wear, so I fitted new brushes (£20). Mira don't supply the brushes, but Showerdoc do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mira event shower disaster in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock