Search the forum,

Discuss MCZ Boilers Suspended from MCS Scheme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
I Quote below an extract of a communication just recieved from MCS,

All BRE Certified MCZ Biomass boilers have currently had their certification suspended following a number of percussion incidents (The glass doors shattered)

You can see the original document here:
Microgeneration Certification Scheme - Important Product Note for Musa/ Club 22 Hydro Stove - Please Read

We are writing to you as we understand that you may have previously installed one or more MCS-certified Musa 22 Hydro or Club 22 Hydro pellet burning stoves, manufactured by MCZ Group S.p.A of Italy.
We wish to notify you that we have been made aware of four serious incidents involving these stoves, the most recent incident being September 2014. We understand in each case that the glass door on the stoves shattered but fortunately in each case, no one was seriously injured.
BRE Global, as the relevant certification body for the products concerned, are investigating the incidents and have made contact with MCZ to investigate how and why the incidents occurred. We understand that MCZ will be writing to end users shortly. MCZ have suggested that the incidents have arisen as a result of incorrect installation or inadequate maintenance. This does not represent the views of MCS and BRE; we are not currently in a position to determine whether the four incidents were as a result of a product, installation or user fault or a combination of more than one of those factors.
We have therefore written to all end users in the UK who we understand have an MCZ Musa 22 or Club 22 Hydro stove installed in their home. We have recommended that before continuing to use their Musa or Club 22 Hydro stove they contact the UK distributor of MCZ products, Specflue Limited. We enclose a copy of the letter that MCS has sent to end users. This MCS letter will be posted on the MCS and BRE website.
The relevant certification body for installers, are also undertaking an investigation into the incidents in this respect.
On 13 October 2014, BRE Global suspended MCZ's certification from the Microgeneration Certification Scheme.

Nuff sed...

Oh dear.... Some twitchy bums at Specflue this week I would think!

Dont fit MCZ personally, but have looked after a few. Not my favourites.

Not surprised at all to be honest never been a fan of mcz, Austrian or Scandinavian in my opinion is the only way to go with biomass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MCZ Boilers Suspended from MCS Scheme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock