Discuss Makita Vs DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, cant help it - Yorkshireman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

you will get all your work done much quicker and much easier

less stress and less vibration to your hands

any way that is what my dad told me and he was right

I must admit the 'hammer action' on my Makita combi drill is pretty pathetic, I know its not SDS but I'm sure my other Dewalt drill has better hammer.

I use my 14.4 combii drill for deilling in to wood and flues ! 36v combi i use for
large holesaw in to wood only and wet dimond drilling on tiles .
Any drilling that need hummer gets done with the 36 bosch or i have a big sds max hilti for the solid concret walls

All my makita gear has outlasted my Dewalt stuff. However for stuff I rely on it's Hilti every time now.

A mix bag of both and other bits and bobs ...

The one that surprised me the most is jcb drill I bought in b and q a couple of years ago needed a new core drill but funds were a bit low at the time so went for the jcb one £100 odd quid at the time the work that thing has done and never failed jammed it still going strong..I was expecting it to be in the bin by now

I love my makita gear. Reliable. It is somewhat overpriced for what it is in some cases. DeWalt I can't fault, but I'm reluctant to buy it, as working on-site alot it is a massive target for thieves as it's easy to sell on. My dad has had £1000's of DeWalt gear pinched in the past and he won't buy it now simply for that reason.

I have a couple of 36v Hilti Hammer Drills that I won't leave out my sight either, those would be gone if they were left lying around. Luckily, you can have the batteries tracker tagged by Hilti, but it's still not worth risking having it pinched.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer Makita to Dewalt. Although nothing beats the 36v Hilti and the 18v milwaukee with the metal chuck.

also been wondering about this for awhile. ive looked online an through youtube for any decent comparison...still a tough one, i was looking at buying a combo kit...like the makita lxt or milwaukee becos of that hackzall which looks awesome. dewalt has always had a good name from what ive heard but people say they've slightly went down hill, owned by black an decker also now. :S

They have been black and deckered for many years now.
Look on the Hilti website for much better quality stuff that doesn't cost much more. If you register you will see the prices but these are usually negotiable.

Thanks for the info...I didn't know that :)

Yeh will do...don't have the cash for Hilti just now but wud continue to save if it was worth it.

I like the combo kits because they seem really light an portable and Gav many options.

Cheers for the advice tamz

most hire shops either only have bosch or makita power tools that speaks for its self really
i have a bosch gbh 24v sds that is 10 yrs old and still going strong the 2 batteries still take a full charge too well impressed with it i dont use a 240v sds at all

I also have dewalt xrp combi drill this is 5 years olds and is a good tool but 1 off the batteries has stopped charging

keep thinking of upgrading and slashing out on a set of new 18v Liron tools but too tight

most hire shops either only have bosch or makita power tools that speaks for its self really

What that speaks is they are getting big buying discounts. I know how they work because the wife was a buyer for a few of them in her past life.
Speak to the service guys at the rental shop and see what they think. They will tell you what they work on most.
Btw L-ion is not all its cracked up to be. Far from it!

cheap to buy , expensive to rent ...... Keeps the profit level up
if you have used hilti hammer drie you would know the difrence

Sheesh my head is mince after looking at a couple of site for drills for the last couple hours to see what kind of money im looking at when ready to get power tools....I had no idea there was sooooooo many to choose from....drill drivers, combis, impact and so on, and thats just for the cordless ones too.

Far too many model numbers from each brand really does my head in......at least I have plenty time to do lots of searching to see what I will actually need.

Makita BHP451RF 18V 3.0Ah Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill | NoLinkingToThis

ae235

Just bought this even though I have two of the smaller 452's, will sell the charger on ebay. I needed another battery and quite fancied the bigger more powerful drill so I thought I grab a bargain.

Makita LXT BHP451RFE 18V 3.0Ah Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill | NoLinkingToThis

Same drill with an extra battery is £170 more expensive.

What that speaks is they are getting big buying discounts. I know how they work because the wife was a buyer for a few of them in her past life.
Speak to the service guys at the rental shop and see what they think. They will tell you what they work on most.
Btw L-ion is not all its cracked up to be. Far from it!
have to agree on that one,for one they cant handle the cold for 2 they die quick

That Bhp451 certainly is a big heavy beast compared to the 452, I've read that the 452's have plastic gears to save weight? The 451 deffo has an all metal gearbox but the price you pay is the extra weight.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

dont discount the lovely milwauke stuff.
swapped over from makita to it 4 months ago. fair enuf i hadnt used my makita battery stuff for a year. but this new stuff feels brill !

Ive always used Makita drills but to be honest Im looking at dewalt as my next buy the Makita drills just keep slipping out of gear really gets on my nerves. Dont get me wrong apart from that issue its a work horse wich gets the job done with ease.

Personal preference is Makita over Dewalt,
Had a Hitachi, but the case kept falling apart and the 3 batteries had to be changed as they wouldn't charge

Ive always used Makita drills but to be honest Im looking at dewalt as my next buy the Makita drills just keep slipping out of gear really gets on my nerves. Dont get me wrong apart from that issue its a work horse wich gets the job done with ease.

had same problem with my makita 18v li-on combi, metal gears were fine but plastic switching quick to wear.

Just had my Dewalt 18v combo drill pinched on site. Going to have to get a replacement so this has been useful. But all opinions are so divided. Are li-lon batteries way better then standard or is the money not worth it?

Good god hasn't this been put to bed already.....Milwaukee Milwaukee Milwaukee Milwaukee:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know anyone who's ever liked Milwaukee, so I'm surprised.

Just for information, AEG, Ryobi and Milwaukee are all made by the same company.

In varying degrees of quality :smile:

Just buy what you can afford at the time and when you can afford a bit more buy better.

In varying degrees of quality :smile:

Just buy what you can afford at the time and when you can afford a bit more buy better.

Indeed, they all fall under atlas copco, but aeg and ryobi are nowhere near the quality of Milwaukee. Aeg are in the same bracket as Dewalt/Makita IMO (what I would consider mid-range), and are good for the money.

When looking at Gasman's thread about the Kango last night i got a link to Spit stuff. Spit is basically an industrial Bosch. It is very good gear but a slightly different drill bit fitting called an S2S instead of an SDS. I even bid a tenner on an old 321 and it sold for £10.50
This one
SPIT 321 Hammer drill, 110V FULL WORKING COMPLET WITH CARRYING CASE | eBay
For anyone interested, an S2S drill bit had 2 shallows instead of the SDS shallow and groove. To make the std SDS bits fit you need to run a grinder down one side of the bit to make the groove slightly wider.
For the inconvenience of 2 minutes you can pick up a cheap very good quality gun

De Walt usually unless you are working outside in summer when I tend to have a wasp problem........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita Vs DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Hey all, First post here, am an avid DIY'er and I'm putting in my mother-in-law's bathroom this weekend, this will be the 3rd bathroom that I've...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
No doubt a popular question? Dewalt or Makita? Just finishing my NVQ and need to invest in some decent power tools...and importantly which...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Was looking at the Milwaukee transfer pump and wondering if it was fit for purpose ? I’m doing new build and use a drill pump to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock