Discuss madness in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

just had a customer ring me and say that they would like there boiler checked. as it is a rented property and they have to take the case off the boiler to start it ??

i told them straight then that its unsafe and shouldnt be used till its been checked. she then said the landlord doesnt care and he has had a engineer out to visit and he said its fine just keep taking the case off and fiddle with the ignitor ! the lady then went on to tell me that when she moved in the boiler had a yellow "do not use" sticker on it ! and recently he fire has been condemmed too.

shocking how landlords still get away with this stuff ! the lady has 5 kids !

oh and the boiler is a radiant.

yer told her that ! start the paperwork etc. but cannot believe they get away with it ! its through a letting agency aswell. she rang them and they said "many letted homes have condemmed fires in them, there not dangerous" how wrong .

well they are not dangerous as regards if they have been disconnected they cant be used....... prob do this now and hope the tennant gets a new fire sorted.

yer just told her to get in contact and the fire hadnt been disconnected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to madness in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock