Currently reading:
madness

Discuss madness in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

just had a customer ring me and say that they would like there boiler checked. as it is a rented property and they have to take the case off the boiler to start it ??

i told them straight then that its unsafe and shouldnt be used till its been checked. she then said the landlord doesnt care and he has had a engineer out to visit and he said its fine just keep taking the case off and fiddle with the ignitor ! the lady then went on to tell me that when she moved in the boiler had a yellow "do not use" sticker on it ! and recently he fire has been condemmed too.

shocking how landlords still get away with this stuff ! the lady has 5 kids !

oh and the boiler is a radiant.

yer told her that ! start the paperwork etc. but cannot believe they get away with it ! its through a letting agency aswell. she rang them and they said "many letted homes have condemmed fires in them, there not dangerous" how wrong .

well they are not dangerous as regards if they have been disconnected they cant be used....... prob do this now and hope the tennant gets a new fire sorted.

yer just told her to get in contact and the fire hadnt been disconnected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to madness in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back