Discuss Low water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

westyvip

Only have 2.2 bar incoming main in lead. Want to install an unvented cylinder. Is there anything i can do about the pressure, pump, contact water board or is this pressure adequate?

The pressure is ok but what size pipe and what flow rate?
Water board will not do anything about the pressure as it is above what they need to supply but you can request a new service connection and get rid of the lead.

Obviously you need good flow as well as pressure. Running a mains tap into a container with known capacity, & time it, will give u rough idea. 2.2 bar is reasonable if it's constant, & u have little more than one bathroom. but I would prefer 3 bar which is usually max they are limited to. Lead mains needs changed as it's lead & also better a bigger pipe. Can't even use tiny amounts of lead solder on potable water anymore! Need qualified to install unvented. Give heavy copper units a miss.Try looking at spec of u.v. units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock