Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 'Loose' ceramic valves in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've replaced the ceramic valves on my kitchen tap, but the new valves are freer turning than the old, and the levers move down from a partial open position under their own weight. I've not had this before - is it duff new valves?

New valves can stiffen up after a week or two of use. (There is sometimes excess silicone grease that gets between the plates during assembly that gets displaced with use.)

If not, the body of the new valves may be slightly shorter than the originals. This would mean the sealing ring is not correctly compressed and there is not enough force holding the ceramic discs together and hence not enough friction to stop the lever dropping under its own weight.

Reply to 'Loose' ceramic valves in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock