Discuss Loose bath filler handle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

payvpac

Hi all

I had a new bathroom suite installed around 4 months ago. I bought a bath filler and basin tap (manufactured by Tavistock). Unfortunately the hot tap handle on the bath filler has become loose. I tried to attach a photo to try and show this, but the file was too large. Basically the handle should only turn outwards to turn on and stops at the 90 degree position. I have now turned it all the way inwards to turn the hot supply off. It has become loose.

I was wondering if it might be possible to rectify this without needing to replace the entire tap unit. For info, the bath filler is a Tavistock Blaze if this helps.

Tavistock Blaze Bath Filler Tap

If necessary I would get a plumber in if its complex.

Any info or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Should have a year's guarantee, if that helps. It takes a little battle to get the manufacturer to comply with their warranty but a replacement shouldn't cost you anything.

pull out the small oval cap on the tap head in there will either be a allen key or slot screw tighten it up all should be resolved

i agree should only be a screw that needs tightening as gas man says

pull out the small oval cap on the tap head in there will either be a allen key or slot screw tighten it up all should be resolved

Thanks very much! - sorted the problem in 5 mins and saved me a real headache!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loose bath filler handle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock