Currently reading:
Loose bath filler handle

Discuss Loose bath filler handle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

payvpac

Hi all

I had a new bathroom suite installed around 4 months ago. I bought a bath filler and basin tap (manufactured by Tavistock). Unfortunately the hot tap handle on the bath filler has become loose. I tried to attach a photo to try and show this, but the file was too large. Basically the handle should only turn outwards to turn on and stops at the 90 degree position. I have now turned it all the way inwards to turn the hot supply off. It has become loose.

I was wondering if it might be possible to rectify this without needing to replace the entire tap unit. For info, the bath filler is a Tavistock Blaze if this helps.

Tavistock Blaze Bath Filler Tap

If necessary I would get a plumber in if its complex.

Any info or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Should have a year's guarantee, if that helps. It takes a little battle to get the manufacturer to comply with their warranty but a replacement shouldn't cost you anything.

pull out the small oval cap on the tap head in there will either be a allen key or slot screw tighten it up all should be resolved

i agree should only be a screw that needs tightening as gas man says

pull out the small oval cap on the tap head in there will either be a allen key or slot screw tighten it up all should be resolved

Thanks very much! - sorted the problem in 5 mins and saved me a real headache!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loose bath filler handle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock