Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for work opportunity in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maca1827

Hi, I have recently passed my NVQ2 and have worked on a new build site for 5 months doing mainly drain testing and guttering with a small amount of second fix. I am looking for an opportunity to work alongside an experienced plumber so I can gain some on the job training and carry out the various tasks needed in order to pass my NVQ level 3 and gas qualification. It would be great to hear from anyone who can offer advice or a work opportunity. Cheers, Peter.

Welcome to the forum, try looking at the 'I'm looking for a plumber/gas engineer' section.

I have also recently achieved the NVQ Plumbing Level 2. What type of work tasks are required to be completed for NVQ Level 3 ?

Hi mate,

Well done, as far as im aware it is the same tasks as NVQ2 but they have to be complex cold, hot and Central Heating also with the 6 repair or replace being complex.
How have you found getting work?

Thanks. Well done to you as well mate.

I've received the JIB card recently so hopefully will start applying soon. What about you ? How is it down Dorset ?

Sorry for the late reply mate, I've recently started new job handyman / bit plumbing and have been doing long hours. Work is hard to find in Dorset, the main problem I have found is my lack of experience or time on the job. Everyone in our situation just needs to be given a chance to prove our willingness to work and learn.

Why not travel to London for a bit, get a job through an agency. There are plumbing jobs available, you'll need cscs jib card. And you can live in cheap shared accommodation.

I had thought about it, but I have a young family and don't really want to work away. I might just start my own business and see where it takes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for work opportunity in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock