Discuss Looking for a gas safe mentor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you have to walk before you win marathon

exactly so i say again why have you paid for the qualifications if you have no experience / idea of systems etc

To become a doctor you don’t go to operation theatre Straight away you finish your education first then you work with somebody for experience,

To become a doctor you don’t go to operation theatre Straight away you finish your education first then you work with somebody for experience,

no you learn the underpinning knowledge first like i said in post 16

to learn this trade its going tom take a min of 2 years ask anyone on here

Is this a proper college or a training centre

The powers that be need to get a grip on this. I don't really understand NVQs etc - I am from the days of Gity an Guild. I do understand that course providers are misleading folk, and selling expensive courses to the slightly desperate. It is not fair to call these punters gullible - who would think that the govt. would allow "colleges" to encourage guys to give up good, but possibly uninspiring, jobs, take out loans, work for free - all to (typically) end up, at best, swapping out meters.

At the very least, it should be the providers responsibility to provide mentors - and pay us. When I had a shop, it was a weekly routine to decline the offer of "free" labour in return for assistance to build a portfolio. I tried hard to be positive with them, while refusing their offers

Thanks for everybody's advise and I've found 1 gas safe engineer and today I m going to start with him.
Thanks
Good luck not really sure why you saw fit to dislike my post unfortunately it’s true. You could’ve done with a proper college type introduction to plumbing before moving onto gas. People trying to run before they can walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a gas safe mentor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone My name is Daniel and I've recently completed my ACS gas engineer class room based work. I need to complete my portfolio. so is there...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do...
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock