Search the forum,

Discuss Living room radiator/query advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning,

I moved into a flat in August and last month decided to get a new boiler and radiators for each room except the kitchen. The heating is good enough but the living room radiator which is bigger than the all of the other ones, is not as hot. The bottom of it is hot the middle is okay but going from the middle to the top is cooler.
The engineer suggested it is to do with the piping/connection under the floor and not the radiator, my query is it pointless getting it checked or just live with the fact that nothing can really be done. Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

The bottom of it is hot the middle is okay but going from the middle to the top is cooler.
I wouldn't read those symptoms as a piping problem. That's a text-book description of a radiator that has accumulated air (or hydrogen) and needs bleeding.

If you are not sure how to bleed a radiator ask and we'll explain.

Turn the rads that do get hot off and let the heating push through the lounge radiator on its own its more than likely to be trapped air in the rad and should clear itself through the boiler aav check your system pressure vent the rad if necessary . Cheers Kop

Reply to Living room radiator/query advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock