Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Lidl Car and Motorbike Battery Charger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are good little chargers i bought one when lidls had them a while back i didnt watch the video cos as soon as he said it was good for motor homes i turned of they are not good for motor homes as they have to be reset each time you use it ok for cars or in the garage to keep a spare battery on float charge but in a motor home you need one that automaticly sense the battery type otherwise you would be digging in the battery box to reset it every time you disconnected from the mains which is quite often in a motor home

Good stuff ( think video will - be usefull putting me to sleep later )

Yes, - sorry about using that video! It was the first link to that exact battery charger I saw. He was a bit dull. Think he is a caravan forum guy, or something weird.
How come most of these YouTube video reviews are done by boring people with mono tone voices? :smile:

I used to have a problem with my car after some dizzy lass rear ended me, the battery would just die every so often without warning and needed a charge/jump to get going again. I'd had 3 AA callouts and I was on my last chance with them as they only provide so many call-outs to a particular problem.
I bought something similar to this for about £30 iirc, you charge it up at home then leave it in the car. If your battery ever dies you just plug it into the cigarette lighter and turn it on. Hey presto - 15 minutes later your battery should have enough charge to get you going.
I was actually pleased the next time my battery died as I could use my new toy.
After 15 minutes nothing, so tried another 15, still nothing. Phoned the AA who came and charged my battery and drove home.
Checked online to see why it wouldn't work and it turns out that the Zafira is one of many cars to have diodes in the cigarette lighter socket wiring to stop any current travelling the wrong way.

Anyone want to buy my battery charger thingy? (might be best if you don't have a Zafira) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lidl Car and Motorbike Battery Charger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock