Discuss lefroy brookes product recall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

kozak1968

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fitted the GD 8706 shower mixer a few weeks ago and it now came to turning it all on. The shower would not let any hot through. I took it apart, no blockage, piped up correctly. Noticed it got hot when turned fully cold and cold when turned fully hot. Called Lefroy Brooks and they said they had a product recall on it. They needed the complete unit back to exchange it. I said can i just change the cartridge. There answer was no. The complete unit was faulty. Now i've got to take out the unit and tiles. What a nightmare.

Tell
Them to send out there service engineer to take it out and fit a replacement that's not your problem there product was faulty

Update on the Lefroy Brookes shower. Got the new unit today, had to alter the pipework because the design was different. They are apparently made in china nowadays. They said they will pay reasonable installation costs...... My rates are very reasonable (IMHO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to lefroy brookes product recall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back